transducer mounting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kraig Clement

Reaction score
I just bought a 797c2 SI Hummingbird and am mounting it on my ZX250..... I see some guys mounting the trans. on the jack plate...... what do you all think?????

I guess you'd have to look at the manual and the mounting instructions. I thought that the recommended locations for external mounting were left or right of the centerline out of the turbulence.

I have mounted all of mine through hull before..... but because of the side imaging this need to be mounted external...... they are mounting them on the jack plate to keep it out o fthe way while running up on pad.....

Kraigrrr,

The idea behind mounting the large and expensive Side Imaging (Si) transducer (~ $150 for a replacement transducer for the 797c2 Si) high up on the transom or off the jackplate is so that it does not get damaged by trees, stumps and other things that

I think you should just send it to me to use. ;)

Be sure to post some pictures to really make me suffer untill I can get one of my own.

Steve

greg... tahnks for the advice... I just saw your post.... thanks again!

kraigrrr

Latest posts

Back