Trailering info

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Soult

Reaction score
I just bought a 99 Pro 175 se w/25 HP merc. I have a 95 Chevy Astro 2 wheel drive with a class II hitch that supports 3500 lbs and a tongue wt of 300 lbs. Is this going to be good enough to pull this boat.

Thanks for any information.

Should be fine Bob. Do you have the trailering package? It's always nice to have the transmission cooler but that boat shouldn't weigh enough to cause you any problems.

T

No problems with that rig...I also like a tranny cooler though.

Thanks, I don't have the trailering package. I'm probably going to get a pickup soon but for now I'll need to use the astro. The people that put the hitch on suggested the class II hitch and I went with their suggestion.

Bob, when you get the pickup, get a class III with a 2" receiver. The price increase is minimal, but the towing capacity is nearly doubled and the availability of parts and accessories is more than doublefold!

Thanks for all of the information guys. This is my first boat and I really appreciate the help.

And get the tow package with the new truck. You never know when your gonna get a bigger boat and the trans cooler is priceless.

damuniz

Latest posts

Back