trailer lights ??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. Green

Reaction score
Hello fellow nitro owners, I noticed over the weekend the left side amber light on my trailer does not work. After work thought I would go and take out bulb and replace when I had the time. Only one problem, I can see the bulb but cannot for the life of me figure out how to pop off the amber colored lens to get to it with out causing more damage. Any feed back would be appreciated. Trailer came with a 2000 Nitro 700 SC.

Hello Joe, I have never had trouble with the amber side light but if they are anything like the tail lights (which I think they are) they are a sealed unit and you have to replace the whole unit. Not too costly though. Probably 5 bucks or so.

Harpo

Harpo nailed it...

Sealed, replace the whole unit and support the plastics factories!!!!

Now, this is a bit trickier...

You unplug one...

Pull it out of the trailer...

Put the new one where the old one was,

And plug it back in!

(you wont have any problem.....)

I thought one of those side marker light bulbs went out on my trailer too. Except the bulb or light assembly wasn't the problem. When Trailstar wired the trailer (pt185) they used those 3M quick connectors for the pig tail connection to the light. Corrosion at the connector was the problem not the light and the connector is located inside of the rectangular steel channel of the trailer.

You can pull the wires attached to the light until that blue connector hits the hole in the trailer frame and then the fun starts. Trying to get it out. I would suggest before you try changing the light assembly to skin the wires back from the light and apply another power source. If the light works you more than likely have the same problem I did. If the light does not work, you have a bad light assembly. Carl

Thanks to all,

I am going to look into the wiring first, because a couple of trips ago I noticed it was not working so I tapped the light and it went on.

Joe

about 2 years into mine, I tought my left rear went out. Drove to BPS bought the new sealed light, followed simmies advice and it STILL didn't work! Turned out to be a loose wire at the plug. Now I have an extra light!!

Trep

Latest posts

Back