Tracker Proteam 185

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff Makar

Reaction score
Looking to buy an '04 Tracker Pro Team 185 with a 90 Merc.

It's a package deal. Thoughts - good or bad...

Also, what would you have added or changed. As an example, is a 43# trolling motor enough, does anyone like the Lowrance X37?

I have an '02 PT185. I suggest you go to a Min-Kota trolling motor....I have a 55# which works this rig well. It is mechanically stronger than the stock troller. Don't know about tha Lowrance, but I am wery happy with my two Garmon 240's.

I can't say enough about how satisfied I am with my PT185.

I have the 75hp motor. MY dealer advised not to go with the 90. The performance between the two was not worth the price differencer. That's what I call a reliable dealer.

Good luck on your new rig if you go with the Tracker

First let me welcome you to NTOWS. We have a lot fun and share some good information on all kinds of topics, not just boats.

The Pro Team 185 is in my opinion the best bass boat money can buy. It will hold all the tackle and gear anybody would ever need. It will handle rougher water than you would imagine. It is easy to tow and trailer. With the 90 hp you should scoot along pretty good too. I have the 50 hp on mine and I get about 32--33 mph top speed. No speed demon but that's not what I bought it for. I upgraded the trolling motor to a MinnKota AT55 that does do a better job. The 43 lb'er should be adequate if it's not too windy where you live.

This topic has been discussed here several times in the last few weeks. Go up to the search button and do a search for PT185 and you should find lot's more info. If you have any more questions feel free to ask or e-mail me.

Harpo

Ask about your local Tracker dealer (very important) and Tracker customer service.

You will need a good dealer and service center so I would ask around to see how your local dealer is.

I had a pt 185. Luved it. I also had the 90hp Merc, worth every penny. The only reason I sold it was I bought an Avalanche. But, in many ways the 185 is more "Fishable". The biggest difference in the 2 is the room for your back deck partner, much more in the avalanche. Get the 185, you'll love it. I can confirm all the previuos things said above from other owners!

Welcome Fish4Fun--We can help spend your money-HAHAHA

You need a "onboard Battery charger" and a fish finder on the bow....

"Guest" makes a great on-board Battery charger (with super service)

Check out the Eagle "FishMark 480" Fishfinder ($199)--

In fact you may want to Get 2 of the Eagle fishfind one to replace the Lowrance X37 and one for the bow.

And What about a GPS?? Handheld or fixed--If you go with a fixed GPS----The Eagle FishElite 480 - Fish finder / GPS Combo--to replace the Lowrance X37..

Good Luck--HaleDamage

thanks for all of your thoughts. I'll get back to you on the final set-up. Thanks again...

Check out my library...I upgraded to a Gator mount with the stock 43# MG and it preforms better but would suggest gettin' a little more whether it be MK or MG. The only other thing I can tell you is to silicone the topcap along the bottom edge...tends to get water in. Unless they've cured that small problem....

BTW..if it's new I'd recommend using Sharkhide to protect it....

TEE

Get a bigger trolling motor. I have a 43lb on my 18' tracker and I wish I had more power. Its ok on calm days. I am thinking of upgrading this spring.

just my 2 cents

wolf

Hey Wolf..check around...I found a Gatormount for $50 used...it made a big difference in the slop and power.

TEE

Latest posts

Back