Trolling motor question for Tracker Pro 170

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saluki92

Reaction score
I am planning to purchase a mini kota fortrex 80 trolling motor. I just want to check that my Tracker Pro 170 is big enough to accommodate the bracket and motor and if the plug is the same on all minn kota motors. Also if anybody has tips or pitfalls to look out for when installing let me know. Thank you.

What do you currently have installed on the bow? I would measure the mounting plate on the old and new unit and go from there. since the Fortrex is a 24 volt unit, do you have the room to add another battery? The plug and receptical on a 24 volt is different than a 12 volt. You will need at least a 50 amp breaker between the motor and batteries.

First off welcome. I might suggest you spend time on the Minn Kota website. There is a wealth of knowledge, including how to properly size, mount and connect their various systems. The even have a great video on battery, cabling and connectors. They are on the expensive side and you don't necessarily have to use their stuff for everything, but it does simplify your installation. To answer your questions completely, you should provide additional info. Basically the 80 will work for that boat if it has the right height.

Latest posts

Back