Tracker Plane Problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Ratzlaff

Reaction score
Please pardon all my questions, but..... I just bought this boat and I'm not familiar with this big of a boat. The boat is a year 2000, 20ft Tracker Targa and it has a 200 hp merc. with a 4 blade prop. I don't know the pitch on the prop, but it has about 1" diameter holes all around the front edge. The motor is set in the farthest "UP" position. When I try to plane out, it acts like the prop is coming out of the water. I put the trim all the down but it still seems it does it. Along with that problem it seems it takes a long time to come out on plane. About half way out on plane it feels like it "connects" and then it starts picking up speed and comes all the way out on plane. Is all this normal??? Any suggestions??? It almost seems that the boat when it has it's bow up is creating an area behind it that does not have enough water for the prop. Is this possible, and if it is what do I do to fix it? Thanks!!!

CR

your info is lacking the holes you speak of are vent holes to aide in planeing.

as for how your motor is mounted to the boat the best i can tell you is with the motor trimed all the way down the center of the prop shaft should be about 3.5 -4.00 inches below the running surface of the hull if that is not the case you may want to lower the motor a hole or two?

as for operation you should start with the motor trimmed all the way down and not start messing with the trim button untill you are on plane at wich time you trim out to achive your best handleing and speed the opisite for slowing and coming off plane to prevent propuseing. myself or many others on this site will help but specific info is helpfull

rpm and speed at wide open throttle.speed and rpm at wich the boat planes out prop size ,material. all these things make a big differance in operation charateristics.

to help any further we would need that kind of info.

Thanks for the reply... It's just that I'm new to this big of a boat and motor. If I have some more questions (and I'm sure I will!!!) I will try to give more info. Thanks again, and if anyone else has any help just let me know.

CR

Latest posts

Back