Toxic Material

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael S

Reaction score
Ok I have noticed this for a while and just wanted to ask you guys if you have seen this and what your thoughts are.

I have seen lables on everything from rods to spinnerbaits with a caution label on them saying that the state of California says a chemical used to make this product can cause birth defects in pregant women.

Just wanted to see if you guys knew what this toxic product is or what you .02 might be on the subject.

it's lead.......anything produced with lead in it has to be labeled as virtually "lethal" in CA. LOL

Don't ya just love it,.....hopefully Gallagher will get elected for Governor and put that law through the "Sledge-o-matic!"...

Mac

Not for YOU but because of YOU. You can never set foot in California as you are a major hazard! LOL

Personally, after a long day on the lake, I like to sit back and relax and chew on a 1/2 oz spinnerbait. But the lead does get stuck in my teeth now and again. LOL Leave it to CA to come up with some of the dumbest s#!+ any person can conjur up and make it into a law. I hope Arnold can "terminate" all that BS! LOL

Spent some time in CA last year for a training. They have EVERYTHING labeled out there!! Even the "Smoke-free" hotel had signs indicating that there HAD at one time been smoking occurring inside and that there existed the possibility that residual materials known to cause cancer might still exist. And we wonder how this "political correctness" thing gets outa control... (No offense to the CA members - unless YOU'RE the politician responsible). LOL!

Worse part of that whole labelling issue was the "whistle-blower" provision which "places the responsibility of enforcement in the hands of the people". Translation: Gives the lawyers who have never held a fishing rod in their lives an opportunity to make some cash off someone else.

Moral of story.......When in California do not lick your rod.

Harpo

And for sure don't lick sombody else's!! They make me wear a t-shirt with a warning on it every time I come into the state!!

TOXIC

I also have noticed the State of California is very smart about these things. It seems that they can't blance their budget, can't solve their energy crisis, can't solve their water crisis, can't decide who they want as governor, and run businesses out of state with silly tax-laws...But they will sue your ass if you have a product that contains something they figure causes cancer......

I'm gonna go with: "I could care less what The State of California thinks!!!"

Those labels are there for only one reason: To prevent lawsuits..and to further confuse Californians.

I think California is "one big cancer" if you look at all the "other folk" out there!

When I was working on contracts it was always said, "ABC" (Anywhere But California)when it comes to legal requirements. I think lead spinnerbaits taste good! LOL

Latest posts

Back