Today on Lake Anna

• Thread starter David Hunt [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/43
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hunt

Reaction score
Went down to check out property I am closing on in a couple of weeks. Brought my rod and a Rapala. No luck for me, but my friend caught a nice 13 incher within his first few casts. It was a great day after so much rain!
steve_fish.JPG

Scott,

On the private side on Oakleigh II. You can't get much further from DC and still be on the lake!

david......

Bill H. is also on the hot side.....do you know him? We are all gonna have to get together and have a little mini rally on the hot side!! I will probably be down there on Monday (cold side). Still trying to pattern the greenies. It's been tough so far this year.

TOXIC

Hey Tox,

Don't know David, but putting the rally together sounds great. Fished all day Saturday and picked up 2 nice ones around three and half pounds. Fished the hot side in a cove behind dike 3 and they were hitting on spinner baits. Picked up some smaller ones along the way including some nice hybrid bluegill (small spinners) and a couple of catfish on drop shot presentations.

David - I have a place at Both Waters which is off 652 (Kentucky Springs) and Carrs Bridge Road. Tox has a good idea about putting a hot side rally together. I'd be more than happy to host it. We have a good launch area with plenty of parking.

Let's see when we can get together.

Cheers.

Bill

There are quite a few guys on the board who fish Anna. And I'm sure there are plenty nearby that would make the trip (especially to fish the hot side). Let's keep this thread alive and see who bites!!LOL Carlos, Kenny.....

Any body wanna get together on Anna?

TOXIC (THANKS Bill!!)

BITING!!!!!!

Anyway,

Back from Germany and going to take the boat to eh River tomorrow. Sue and I are going to go to the Maryland side and have a picknick on the beach over there. Near Mallows bay. Cool beach and it has regular sand. Really, if I am not TAD I can trailer on down for some fun on the warm side. You all let me know and I can bring the soda!!!!!

Thanks Bill!!

Carlos

I guess we just need to find a date for us to get together. Winner gets a good soak in the hot tub and one of my famous frozen daquiris. We also have a nice pavillion at the launch area so we do a picnic afterwards.

Need to do it earlier in the season as the water heats up quickly in the summer. Last year it was 99 degrees (the water) just outside the power plant at dike 1. Water this weekend was 62.3 at dike 1 and 58.8 at dike 3. Good deep water 60-70 feet in some locations and lots of nice coves with small feeder streams.

Carlos given your TAD status are you military?

Bill H

A rally sounds good, now we just have to find time to do it. I have to finally admit that I usually end up feeding the fish more than catching them. I love being on the water and love to fish or at least get my lines wet. I don't close on my house til next month and all the days leading up to the closing are jam packed. Maybe in the middle of May????

david.....

How many should we try for? People that is. I wouldn't want to overwelm anyone by putting the invitation out then having 100 people show up!! What is a reasonable number? Do a fist come first served deal where you set a # then we can say ok until the card is filled....Sounds like a blast!! Let's do it.

TOXIC

Tox,

Thanks for the suggestion on limiting people. My first reaction is no more than 10 boats (20 people). Enough to make the rally interesting but not too many to make it difficult to deal with. I may be hosting it but I want to fish also and not have to worry about crowd control.

David - seems like I wet a lot of line and drown a bunch of worms as well. But it sure beats going to work.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill H,

Yes, I am active duty Marine Corps. Let me know if I can help out with any thing for the get together. I can bring beverages or something :)

Carlos

Ok that's 3 boats, Carlos, Kenny and me so far. I can bring something also. We don't want this to be a drain on Bill at all.

TOXIC

Also, if anyone wants to lay over at my place they are welcome (either before or after).

If it can be on a Sunday other than May 18th count me in.

Tin boats count as 1/2 so that leaves room for more.. I can bring a freind or provide a spare seat?

BF

Latest posts

Back