To all of you that have children ...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Last night my son played his last middle school football game. On the second play of the game the opposing team's running back got around the corner and my son (Safety) made a touchdown saving tackle at the 8 yard line. Two plays later he intercepts and returns it to the 45. Three plays later the route is on and he is going crazy with his friends after a great season!

Just wanted to remind everyone that they grow up so fast. I can only believe that those that have children that have left the house already can't understand where the time went. And to those with little ones who can't currently seem to get enough sleep, ENJOY IT! They grow up way too fast.

I know several of you that have children and have shown pictures her at the sight like Trep just did will have great memories. We film all of their happening and take pictures constantly. We also watch them often, it is the best viewing on our tv.

My little one is now 14 year old (just turned), is right at six foot tall and has found the ladies. He doesn't fish as often as I wish he would, but I don't push him either. My 21 year old who went through the same phase is back into it. My daughter ... well volleyball and boys. I have a pretty nice house and vehicles and boat etc.... Nothing is more precious than family Just feeling a little nostalgic here.

Randy!

Totally agree.....Jamie (23) graduated last Dec. from college and has been working in her field almost full time since she finished. She's been living at home with us since then and saving her $$ and paying off her car loan and school loans so she could "eventually move out" and live on her own, sans any parental units within ear-shot, etc.etc. Well..Tues, she was hired full time by the lady she's been working for,.....given a NICE raise,..and on Weds, she told us, "I'm moving out in December,..YEEAAHH!" LOL!! Oh what a shock she's in for!!!

I told her,.."Even tho your car will be paid off in December,..you BETTER put a "car paymnt" in your savings acct EVERY MONTH, because once you're on your own,...you will have to pay for EVERYTHING on your own,....food will not "magically appear" in your cupboards,...utility and cable bills will have YOUR name on them,...and Mom and Dad no longer pay for oil changes, tires, batteries, insurance, plate tabs, registrations, or VACATIONS,...and ESPECIALLY for ANY repairs caused by lack of maintenance!!" :eek::blink:

Seems like only last week she was rocking herself to sleep on her rocking horse, wearing frilly dresses, watching every disney movie ever made 3 times a day and playing dress-up with her baby sister!:rolleyes:

Personally,..I cannot wait to get her college apt and dorm chit outa my garage and into her own apt,...but it is true,......they grow up way to fast!!;);)

BTW,..if anyone is interested in seeing her website and her own individual "style" of art,..check out her website!(Be patient though,...some of the stuff takes a while to load) She's VERY good and she's also started her own line of gift/note cards she's selling too......need a cool gift idea for the spouse or a daughter?? How about a box of hand made cards? The detail in her line work is unreal!!

http://www.eimajin.com/portfolio.html

Yea, they grow up fast. My daughter is 29 and just went thru a divorce. Thank God there was no childern. The ex-son-in-law left her for a another married woman with 2 kids. I wish him luck. She has gotten over him and has found a new boy friend she likes. She lives next door in my father-in-laws house so she is close to home for daddy to help her. I'm glad she is that close. She will always be my little girl.

Barry from La.:)

Great post Randy! As you know i'm just a few years behind you with Noah at 13 and Eli at 11. I agree Mac, I can remember many many many nights rocking Noah to sleep and the middle of the night feedings, I remember Noah being HUGE into fishing, heck the reason I bought the tracker in 1999 was he had tried to walk out of my johnboat to get a fish!! He's more into running, girls, cars and electronics, but still lets dad take him to the Drag Strip and the car dealerships. And yup, Eli's my fishing partner, he's gonna be mad when he finds out i'm fishing with Dan on Sunday while he's in Sunday School!! LOL

Of course then Randy got me thinking of my brother and dad, who we lost 9 and 7 years ago, and the great times we had. Its part of the circle of life, but Randy's right - Nothing is more precious than family!

Y'all are killin' me. I just had a GREAT weekend with the wife coming down. We cruised to the beach, took the boat out for a spin and had some fun!! I now have to go though my little depression phase getting back to being by myself in the house. Daughter is 13 and I miss her every day as well. It is tough. Just lost my friend here in FL, he lived in Palm Coast and helped me re-hab some of the house, he used to be my neighbor in VA and got me into fishing again many moons ago. His wife died suddenly, his mother followed close after. He dove into the bottle, lost his job and really really never recovered. Literally drank himself to death and I had to watch it happen. I'm going to a service for him tomorrow.

TOXIC

I agree, they grow way too fast. It is hard to believe my youngest is 29. My Grandson is 12, Granddaughter is 8. What is even harder to believe is I'm only 30.:eek::eek:.

Bubby:)

This time, my youngets has moved out again... She had a job after she got her Bachelor's Degree but it didn't pay well. This time she has a much better job (a year and a half of grad school in between) This time she has a real job with a real paycheck that she has no idea how fast it will be eaten alive.. Last time she had a roommate ina dingy "hole" that was fun. And, the last time Mom and Dad helped out here and there... Now, she really is going to try to make it all on her very nice "Professional" salary... HA!!!

However, she is a "partner" with Dad on a very used 16' Polarkraft Jon Boat that I am picking up Sunday... She is paying me off for her 1/2 in monthly payments... She just had to have her own boat! At least she has her priorities somewhat squared away.

We're getting close to a big change too. Oldest (Heather) turned 18 in Aug and will graduate this year. Then off to collge. Fun to see her grow up but a bit nerve racking to think about college, moving away, etc. We're working on her budgeting skills. She's a great kid but a bit lazy at times. What kid isn't.

Nicole is 16. Mom homeschools her except for a dual credit College Algebra class and French III. She's a beauty and a neat girl. She's at a modeling class tonight and gets to do some modeling at Macy's tomorrow. She is so excited and we're so proud of her.

Andrew is 11....12 in Nov. Still enough kid bus hints of what he's going to be like when older. He goes back/forth on likeing fishing. I try not to push him but really want to enjoy his teen years together camping, fishing, etc. He is going to a STEM school (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). Basically an alternative to normal middle school. Kids get in by lottery and we were very lucky he was chosen. Kids to all kinds of stuff on PC's, he's in lego league (designs lego robots to perform certain tasks)...actually gave us his PT Confernece tonight. He's so smart and also proud of him.

They're all good kids but we are watching them grow up right before our eyes. Don't let life get too busy to enjoy them!

NDBass - Noah and now Eli are in the Lego robotics league at their school, we even has the NXT at home so he can practice and build his own programs during the year, shame we don't live closer I bet Andrew and Eli would be buds!!

You are so right. But I know that I can remember every moment we shared around the house and on the sports field like it was yesterday--all without looking at picture one.

Seems like yesterday I was telling you guys about my little one. He's almost eleven now, my right hand "man" and a fantastic big brother to my youngest boy who's about to turn six. WOW, how time flies!! Many times I wish it would slow down just to savor the moments that mean so much.

Latest posts

Back