TM Suicide

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Britt

Reaction score
I've read all the posts about the jack nuts and others, but I just had my trolling motor try to commit suicide by jumping off in the river. It's a motor guide trolling motor and I understand and see that the problem is fairly common.

Question is, what's the best solution. Can I just put a few longer screws in there and use some nuts with the rubber from the jacknuts as spacers before locking the motor mount to bow?

Tired of playing with the boat, ready to do some fishing, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony -

There were postings on that sort of thing just about a week ago.....

Cut the nut section from the T-shaped rubber and use the rubber that is left for a bushing in the hull and between the deck.

Reuse the same bolts or longer ones the same diameter.

Secure the underside with rubber washers, large diameter fender washers and nylock nuts.

The procedure is called "thru-bolting" and just about everyone does it eventually if not right at the time of installation.

me!

5/16 stainless machine screws with stainless fender washers,lock washers,and lock nuts will keep it from committing hari-kari.

You might want to send it to therapy that may help some..

LOL

BF

Back