Time to try it!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G8rmac

Reaction score
Cabin fever is bad this year, but the son is home for a week from college and the weather is finally turning, time to put the boat in the river and see what's biting. Gonna try the Potomac from the Wilson bridge up, maybe into the Washington channel. I'll report back tomorrow afternoon, but even a "skunk" day will be OK now as long as I can get out there!

I have been out several times and the bite in the south is still real slow. 5 hours at Santee Sunday produced not neary a bite. I heard that 43 boats in the team tournament on Santee Saturday didn't weigh in a fish and 1- 6 lb'er won. I'm looking for warmer weather.

g8rmac,

How'd you do? Was the river in good shape down that way. I spent Sundy getting the boat, baits, and poles ready. Had a beekeeping class all day Saturday, so didn't get out.

I'm heading for Florida next week and will be trying to bass fish with my strictly crappie fishing father-in-law. We'll see how that goes!

Scott

Scott,

The river was in good shape, very little trash and fairly clear considering the high water we've had. Warmest water I could find was 41 degrees. I didn't have any luck, but I've never been able to figure out cold-water fish. Grew up in Florida, never saw water this cold.

The spoils area was packed, I counted 9 boats inside and 2 just outside the area.

All in all, it was a good day just to get out. Had to bundle up to run anywhere, but as soon as you came off plane you could strip off the jacket and enjoy the day.

Latest posts

Back