Targa Owners

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce White

Reaction score
Just Purshed a 2002 Targa 18.5 with a 4.3 leter I/O

March 2003. Had it 0ut 4 times love the boat and man it runs great! How ever there are problums with the boat and i was wonderding if any one eles was having the same?

1 the windsheld does not line up. (thay whant to remove the console and shimm it)2 were the rear seat sets the alumanen is not strone enought to hould anyone in the seat. (thay are going to weld braces under the seat) 3 the floor is louse between the seats ( thay whant to remove the floor and check the welds) sounds like I will be without My new boat for the summer. any advice???

If your dealer is willing to investigate and correct the problems, better to do it now than later. Nobody likes these types of problems, especially on new boats. I've had some minor problems with the attachement mechanisms on my 2000 Targa with walk thru windshield, but was able to correct them myself. Shiming the console for better alignment, shouldn't be that big of a deal for them. Seats, something that should be easy also, and sounds that it's something they have some familarity with.

While we all shudder about removing the floor, again, this may be something that is relatively simple while they are doing the other stuff. For you and I, no. For them, maybe.

Best of luck.

Tex

Latest posts

Back