2003, Tracker&Nitro's compared to your specific model

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Levesque

Reaction score
Went to the Gurnee BPS,Sunday and the salesman who sold me mine back in March came over and asked me about mine, then what I thought of the 2003's, and overall, I like what I saw, but I am so glad I bought my ProDeepV16 in 2002, I do NOT like what they've done with that, maybe I'm missing something here, but there's alot of exposed aluminum in it where mine's carpeted, (personal preference for me is carpeting rather than bare tin) and I don't know for sure but it looks not as wide? All welded is a nice feature, but where did all the storage go? Rod lockers? Looked at the Targa's and liked those also, and all the Nitro's are nice and sparkly. And I still like all the alum. bass boat models.

But I do not like at all the ProDeepV's,(16/17/and combo's) if I had waited a year I would NOT buy my model now....... just my .02, wanted to see other's impressions of the 2003's compared to their specific models.....

Once I finally got past the boats, I picked up a BPS Extreme baitcaster reel and fell in love with it, also an ultralite rod and Spirex 500 to go with it for those lazy summer eve's when I just want to sit back and catch a few 'gills .......and a new crankin stick ..... can't I ever go there and NOT spend money?!?!! egMike

Mike, I agree. I have the 2001 version of your boat and prefer the layout better than the new ones. The big complaint that I have were the skinny gunnels that seem to have a rounded top to them. I much prefer the big carpeted ones like what you and I have. I thought I saw where the boats are actually wider than the ones you and I have but I may be mistaken. If that's the case a new one would never have fit in my skinny driveway. (City living, no room between you and your neighbor). I like the welded idea but in all honesty I didn't see anything that would make me want to get rid of the one I have.

Mike

Ditto on the minimal storage space here, barely makes it into the garage, and if the new one IS wider, like I said, I couldn't be sure on that, mine's 86" width, then there's no way I'd make it into garage with any wider of a trailer than I have. Also Mike, when I finally chose that model this past spring, I used your pics of yours to show wife and kids what it'd look like....... p.s.- why in the world would they switch to those skinny gunnels? egMike

The only reason that I can think of for the skinny gunnels is it is cheaper to manufacture. I also wonder how easy it is going to be to scratch up those shiny consoles. With the ones that we have, a little armor-all and you're good to go. Unfortunately due to health issues I didn't get out in mine much this season. I am getting the health issues fixed and hope to wear the rivets out of my boat next year.(Already put her to bed this year). I love my boat, it sure is stable and a dream to fish out of. I might get a bimini top for it next year for when I have my grandson out in it. How do you like yours?

Mike

Mike, I couldn't be happier, my wife likes to go along on occasion, doesn't fish, but sits and reads or whatever while I fish, but usually it's me and my 2 youngest, 12 and 6, and we'll go out fishin', and everyone's enjoyed it this year. When our oldest son's home from college, and NOT busy, he and I also get out a little. I think my wife would enjoy it more if it did have a little protection from the sun, was thinkin' of getting one of those clip umbrellas to put on her seat, she'd get some shade and i'd still have plenty of room, we'll see.

We get out to the chain and Fox river before and after its' "busy" season, also Loon, and of course the cooling lakes, Braidwood, Heidecke, etc. And we spent a long weekend at Lake Como in Wis. One lake we never got to this year was Bangs lake, maybe next year.

Sorry to hear about the health issues, hope you get to get out ALOT next year to make up for lost fishin' time! Mike

Latest posts

Back