New Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Watts

Reaction score
Well, new to me anyway. After 3 seasons going out on the Chesapeake Bay with my Tracker Targa 18 we decided we needed something bigger for that. We have to pick our days carefully so that we can go out safely, and have a reasonable expectation of staying dry, and that was limiting our time on the boat. In Maryland we don't have any large lakes like Anna within a reasonable drive of the house, so the bay is the only choice, and we have come to appreciate the wide open spaces and great fishing there. I still have the Targa, so I'm still offically a Tracker owner and can be a member here, and we will continue to use it on Anna, Chickohominy, James River, etc., places I can't take the new boat. Now we will be able to get out on the bay almost anytime we want to. Here are the specs for the new baby:

1998 Pro-line 2950

Length Overall 30'

Beam 10' 9"

Draft

Up 22" (.56 M)

Down 38" (.97 M)

Fuel Capacity. 220 Gallons

Cockpit Area 80 Sq. Ft.

I/O 520 HP, twin 5.7's

Cabin Headroom 6' 6"

Freshwater Capacity 42 Gallons

Bait & Tackle Station w/Recirculating Baitwell, Raw Water Washdown, Selector Panel & Freshwater Sink, Helm Bench Seat, Cabin Rod Racks, Cabin Table, Cockpit Shower, Cockpit Bolster Cushions, Recessed Rod Racks-Cockpit, Cockpit Lights, Compass, Drink Holders, Electric Dist. Panel w/Breakers, Glove Box w/Lock, Insulated Fish Box w/Macerator, Insulated Fiberglass Fish Storage, F.I.S.T. Construction, Fuel Water Separators, Knife & Pliers Holder, Full Instrumentation, Full Galley, Full Stand Up Shower, Electric Horn, Illuminated Switch & Breaker Panel, Mid-Cabin Berth, Rod Holders , Rope Locker Storage, Tackle Box, Transom Door, Closed Cell Foam Flotation, Navigational Lights,

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Air Conditioning 9000 BTu

Curtain Package: Hard top

Head : Electric with macerator and Holding tank and pump out

Lights : remote control spot

Lights : spreader

Microwave

Top Gun Outriggers : top mount

Seat: rear bench removable

Top : Hard Top with electronics box and rocket launcher

Water Heater

WEEKENDER PACKAGE

DC Refrigerator

Battery Charger

Alcohol/ Electric Stove

Other stuff: New enclosure glass 04/03, New long blocks 09/03 = Jaspar 5.7's (~100 hours since repower), Bravo III drives in excellent condition

Electronics:

Furuno 667 color video fishfinder w/ thru hull transducer

Furuno 16 mile monochrome radar

Garmin gps map 162

Raytheon VHF

bf1.JPG

Regards,

John

Great looking rig John!!! I wish I felt better. I'd be begging you to come down to South River and pick me up..

Bill

That's SWEET... I grew up fishing the Chesapeake Bay.. That will get the job done!!!

I like It lots...Pretty sweet rig....

BTW I'll be cussing at you for riding by me just plowing that thing through the water...

Get her up on plane.... the last pad should do it!!!!!

I just have 1 question.....When are we going striper hunting????? Tuna maybe??? Billfish??? I'll bring lunch. We'll split gas.......yeeeeehhhhhaaaaaa!!

Nice Boat!!

TOXIC

My dream boat for Northern Cal. What will you name her?

NoCAL

I'll be naming her "Coast 2 Coast" which is the same name as my Tracker, so I'll be adding a "Jr" to the Tracker. Good morning Bill, I'm moving her from Annapolis to her permenant berth in Kilmarnock, VA this weekend, so she'll be pretty far from the South River. We recently closed on a summer/eventual retirement home on the water in Kilmarnock so that's where she'll stay, two miles from the bay on Indian Creek. Toxic, once I learn the water some down there we'll look into that striper trip!

Well John, you could pick me up on the way?:) Congrats on the boat and the new home. I hope you enjoy them both.

Bill

We set out for Kilmarnock from Annapolis about 7:45 this morning with the new boat. We made the trip with no problems. It took about 4 1/2 hours door to door - about 110 miles - and she is now sitting happily at our bulkhead in Kilmarnock. It was a journey of firsts for me and my wife - our longest boat trek, my first time piloting a 30' boat for more than a few miles (my other boat is a 18.5 footer), and our first time out of sight of land on a boat (the day was hazy and the bay is quite wide near the mouth of the Potomac and south). We also hit 3-4 foot seas in that area and the boat did just fine, we caught an occasional spray, but she was able to maintain 25-28 mph, so it was not too bad. All in all quite an adventure for us! We look forward to a lot of good fishing and cruising from the Northern Neck.

Regards,

John

I think I have a new best friend!!:D Whenever you are ready I'm in for a trip. I'm sure there are a couple of others who will go with and defray the day's expenses (KB, CIII). By all means learn your water first.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back