Take a moment

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
The Fourth of July and Memorial Day are two of our most important holidays...Memorial Day signals the beginning of Summer for all of us and should also signal that it was and is a day for us to honor those who have served and kept our country free. We celebrate our very existence as a free people and a beacon of hope and freedom for all of the world's people on the Fourth of July. This year in the aftermath of the events of September 11th we are coming upon a Memorial Day that should hold great significance for us all. On that day our country was again attacked and as a consequence are Armed Forces are again standing in harms way for us. Already we have felt the sorrow of the ultimate sacrifice by a few, sadly a few too many. Those sacrifices are never easy to accept but are understood by those who make them and their families and friends and should be honored by us all. As a veteran of the United States Marine Corps and a retired deputy sheriff I perhaps have a slightly skewed focus on this issue. But I am proud to have served with some of the finest men I ever knew, and am saddened by the loss of some of those men. I wanted to share my perspective and ask that you join me in celebrating our freedom and joys with our families and friends this Memorial Day; and, I hope you will also join me in remembering the many who have sacrificed so much so that we can celebrate.

Very Well Said!!!

I am not a Veteran, but I realize every day that I would not have the opportunities I do without the Veterans!

az

Indeed. My whole family serves. I unfortunately cannot because of the ticker, but gladly would given the opportunity. Hats off to our vets and local heros. Have a great and safe holiday weekend all. Talk to you all on Tuesday!

Very well said. I'm reminded of their sacrifices almost daily as I work in a Veterans Affairs Medical Center that has a National Cemetery next to it. Looking at row upon row of white grave stones is a sobering sight. The sign at the front entrance says "The price of freedom is visible here". The freedom we all enjoy most certainly isn't FREE. I'm glad to be living in the greatest country in the world protected by the best in the world.

Latest posts

Back