Starter Battery Hookup On 2013 Nitro Z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed

Reaction score
Took starter battery out last fall. When putting back in there are 2 extra connections, 1 bundle is all red but the second is black with a red sleeve up near the connector so I'm not sure if that one is a positive or negative connection

Where does it led to. Sometimes both the cables from the motor are black but the positive one will have just a red cover on it to cover the battery terminals. Just take the cowling off motor and trace them back to the ground on the block. And positive on the starter. Which will have a red connector.

If it’s going to the fuse block. You’ll know if it’s connected backwards when you try to turn things on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I probably didn't explain this right. There are 4 connections to the starter battery. The 2 connections I'm talking about are accessory connections. One is all red and the other is black but has red sleeve around it and I don't know if that means to put it on positive or negative

I probably didn't explain this right. There are 4 connections to the starter battery. The 2 connections I'm talking about are accessory connections. One is all red and the other is black but has red sleeve around it and I don't know if that means to put it on positive or negative

It's very simple, to have a circuit there has to be a positive and negative. Red wire on the positive and the wire left over is negative. If you put both on the positive and nothing works "here's your sign".

Latest posts

Back