St. Croix:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
My wife purchased me two St. Croix rods for X-mas, and two more for my B-day the other day, and being that I haven't had an oppertunity to fish yet I was wondering if anyone has fished with St. Croix rods and how they are. Two were baitcasting rods and two spinning rods. Thanks... The first two letters on the rods start with either ES or EC. Which I'm sure stands for spinning & casting.

Buzz, I have only fished with one St. Croix, and it was excellent. Sensitive and strong. I drool over them in the store whenever I see them. They are incredibly light, and the workmanship is excellent. They have three lines of rods, the Premiere series, which is their "entry level" rod (ha...still up there in price and quality compared to most), the Avid, which is, IMO, the be-all-to-end-all rod from a store shelf, and an E-glass/crankin rod for which I forget the name.

A lot of custom rod makers proudly state that they use St. Croix blanks. The reputation is very good.

If I walked into a BPS, Cabelas, Galyans, etc. and had it in mind to buy whatever rod I felt like, I would be headed straight for the aisle with the St. Croix rods (even passing G.Loomis on the way).

THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST RODS YOU WILL EVER OWN.I HAVE FOUR
AND WOULD NOT TRADE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN A G-LOOMIS!PLUS MOST ST CROIX'S HAVE A 2YEAR OR A LIFETIME WARR.EVEN IF YOU BREAK ONE THAT IS OUT OF WARR YOU CAN SEND IT BACK AND THEY WILL PUT A NEW BLANK IN FOR $25.00 IN MY OPINION YOU CAN NOT BEAT THAT!!!! BRANDEN

Buy any All Star rod and you don't have to send in ANY money with their LIFETIME warranty that is FREE with EVERY rod!!...Buy it once from ANY BPS store and if you break it,....take it back....they will swap it out for you for free.......now THAT's a warranty...the best warranty in the country,....bar none!! Oh and they're made right here in the good ol USA!!! Beat that.....
Tight lines and bent rods!!
Mac

Latest posts

Back