Speakin' of Pro Seats....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
O.K guys have another one for ya' to solve. My base for my front seat is crooked. Looks to me like the sleeve was welded in crooked so when you put a pro pole in it..it leans quite a bit. It doesn't hurt anything as far as function but, it looks like hell when you have a butt seat in it. Is there any fix without major reconstuction? Figured I'd probably have to replace the plate?

Thanks in advance,

TEE

No the "jacknuts" on the backside of the wood are tight. The sleeves that are welded to the plate is what's crooked..I did think of shimmin' the plate but, don't want to cut the carpet. Looks like I may not have a choice.

TEE

TEE -

Is your boat still under warranty? I know that, with all the problems you've had, you may not want to take it back again.....

And don't let anyone try to give you the "we don't warranty other manufacturers products" line..... You bought the complete assembly as a Tracker product. That made it their responsibility.

me!

No warranty...I wouldn't let em' fix it anyway. I'm too stubborn when I get burned! :)

TEE

You will need to cut carpet to get to that puppy. Older bassboats used to have the bases mounted above the carpet. It doesnt look that bad.

If you are REAL careful about cutting the carpet and peeling it back you can get away with replacing and re-using the carpet. Cut it diagonally from corner to corner and peel back until the plate is exposed. Then reglue in the same fashion after the new plate is installed.

Mini

I figured that was what I was gonna' have to do...

Thanks Minner!:)

Simple solution, bend the pin on the pedestal so it leans the right way !!! Sorry, I had to be the one to say this ! Actually it might be best to replace the base or fabricate a bushing to fit into the hole to raise and straighten the post. I have done this (use a bushing and raise the mount)in the past and it will work.

Bending the pin will increase the problem if the pin rotates in the base.

Mini

Yeah I thought of that but, like Mini said that just compounds it. I'll just get a new plate and take pin and a square with me:)

Some welder huh!

Back