Tracker Pro Guide PV175 Combo boat cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigLD

Reaction score
We have a 2019 Pro Guide PV175 Combo that we bought new at the end of 2019. When we bought it, we also got a heavy duty ratchet type cover. Not sure if it is a Dowco, but appears to be the same. This cover fits the boat like a glove, but is way overkill for what we need. The boat is always kept up on a lift in a covered slip. The cover we have is rated for trailering, but the only time we will have the boat up on a trailer is if we need to bring it in for service. In that case the service center we will bring it to is only about ten miles away. This cover is very heavy and taking it off and putting it back on is a bit of a pain. I can do it by myself by constantly going back and forth from the bow to the stern. There is no way my wife could do it my herself.

I am looking for recommendations for a lighter weight cover that would be much lighter and easier to take off and put on. We do want a fitted cover, but envision something out of maybe nylon or similar material that maybe uses elastic or some form of draw strings to tighten and secure the cover. Would definitely not want to have to wrap straps around under the boat. That is what we had for our old boat and was also a real inconvenience when putting the cover back on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Craig,
I agree with you, there are a number of online sources. This is one of those producst where the more you pay makes a difference in a quality long life product.
I paid more than $300 for a fairly thick nylon cover that I am now using on the third boat. It was purchased more than 12 years ago and I cant locate who if came from. I don't leave it in the sun or rain except when away overnight which has contributed to a long life. I recommend getting one that is more or less a custom fit- without draw strings but has built in strecth cord. Mine has tie down loops around its edges for tyng tight for windy conditions. It's too thin to be trailerable but I have the thick cover you describe if I decide to use from time to time. That's been rare.

CraIg,

I did find my source- Nationalboatcovers.com will get you there. I would buy mine again for sure.
product code for mine was CC-77220P Wide bass boat, and motor 20'6" 96"wide beam description. had a 5 year warranty.
This fits my Z-18 extremely well even though I had originally used it on a 20' Stratos Bass boat. This covers the engine all in one piece.
After a 20% sal;e discount, I paid 243.99

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been on the NationalBoatCovers site and there appears to be several models that look like they would work for me. Need to keep researching for now, but hopefully one of these models will be what I need.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back