Sorry Rich hope this clears things up.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Nethaway

Reaction score
Sorry to Rich Stern for stirring things up.

I have never been as rude as some of these guys.

#1 I want to say that some of you people have jugged me and don't have any right to, obviously you don't know the facts about what I have been through with tracker.

#2 Ryanbab asked what folks thought about pricing so my response was "Sure hope that what ever you buy holds its value better than my TRACKER TV-18 I lost 6k in one year".

and that is what I have to say to anyone buying a TRACKER !

#3 I have received poor service and to this day haven't been rude or had an attitude with the service providers ( to this day BPS Dallas still don't know im not happy with there service) and wont because I hope I never have to go back there.

#4 Want to talk about a personal attack!!!!

Scott posted:

" Charlie..... I've said it before and I'll say it again..... Your constant negativism is more a reflection on you than it is on Tracker..... People like you cause their own problems.

Ryanbab, pay little or no attention to Charlie. They let anyone buy a computer and post on the internet these days! "

Like that isn't a direct judge of my character???

That's why I said what I said and stand by it!!!

I am real surprised to see some of the attacks against me from some of you guys,

Toxic I never asked anyone to appease me and I have never asked anyone for help on my issue with tracker.

Teri you know nothing about me, how can you attack me ? I am holding my thoughts about you . :)

magna19 just don't know what to think of you, just surprised I guess thought you were sharper than that.

Harpo I seem to like you also, none of the problems I had were from preventive maintenance, I did not work on it my self and takes it to a dealer and haven't shown an attitude with them, no problems had anything to do with misuse or use at all.

Yes my boat was a lemon (admitted by SH of tracker and many others) but couldn't get anything done about it, I didn't push too hard because im not a rude redneck like some of you think. feel free to call on Sandy and ask her if I was ever rude to her in the many hrs of lip service. I will probably keep this boat for a wile now that it is almost all fixed. Like I always said I love the TV-18!

To all that jugged me and those of you that want to go right ahead, but you should know before the facts before you judge.

Bottom line....... buyer beware there are no boat lemon laws in Texas and don't rely on Tracker.

again just my 2 cents

Once again sorry Rich

Dear Sir: It is not my place to judge or jury anything here on this board or else where for that matter. I would like the option to start a converation with out a plus or neg aditude. I can not speak for everbody, but when I joined I was looking for sympathy because I had dealer problems. I know from working retail there are just some people that will never be happy. If you would like to send me an e-mail I can tell you a story or 2 that will make laugh. My observation is that this is a happy go lucky place. They/We share lots of info and even more barbs/jokes. The Tin/glass issue (notice Tin is in caps and glass is not) is a running joke.. Everybody knows that Tin is better but the others like to think there glass boats are better. I have never met you or seen your boat and I can not make a judgement on who got what.. But I will say one thing You Get What you pay for.. Just make sure you get what you are paying for.

Bruce Freeman

Charlie,

I think everyone on this boad has been pretty patient with you. I personally don't have anything against you and you are right, I don't know you. What I do know is that rather than contributing, you continue to "kick a dead horse". Your issues have been resolved whether you like it or not. Now it seems your only purpose is to constantly bash Tracker/NITRO and that is not necessary. Get on with your life. Every quote you mention above is in responce to yet another negative post from you. No one is attacking you. You attack every one of us everytime you post the same old song and dance. WE KNOW YOU HAD A PROBLEM!! We tried to help. You are bogged down in negativity. Most all of us have had problems at one time or another. YOU are making yourself unwelcome. When people tell you that you get defensive. Fly right or go get in someone else's airspace. If you remember, I told you months ago to sell your boat and file a lawsuit if it is so bad. Instead, you feel the need to hang here and badger us with your constant negative posts. Guess what....WE DON'T WANT TO HEART IT ANYMORE!! You've worn out your welcome!! You have every right to post whatever you want but keep up with the bashing and you are going to get it right back. No, I don't know you and I'm not sure I would want to. Maybe you are not a bad guy but that is the impression you are making. Either change your tune or go away, simple as that.

TOXIC

Charlie, your composition of this post again shows that you are an intelligent person. We need people like that around this board.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we (and I) welcome you and your ability to contribute to the baord.

How about we all try to learn from these posts.....

Learn about ourselves and others.....

And now let the issue drop.

God bless!

me!

charlie,i guess you dont know what i went through with tracker on a warranty issue with my boat in 2000?scott knows the whole story,and we wont go into it here,the subject has been dropped on my issues.

oh trust me,im sharper than you think!!ask anyone who has seen my boat upclose and personal!

Charlie...I know where you are coming from! I think everyone(or most everyone) on this board will agree...I had to go thru a lot with my rig but, if you learn to have a little patience and diligence(which diligence should not even enter the picture) and Tracker might come thru for you. Don't get me wrong...I love my 2002 185 but, still have a soft spot for someone who IS having problems. I should not have had to wait two weeks for a new boat and should not have had to take it back to Cinci 13 times either..but, I did and it's alright now. Would I buy another....VERY DOUBTFUL!

TEE

Charlie, I am glad you held back your thoughts about me. That's one nice thing you have done. :)

Charlie,

I have selectively stayed away from these posts. Everyone here that has been here since I came on board a few years back will remember what brought me here. A case very similar and perhaps even a little worse than yours. I came here, got the help I needed from the board, got the boat fixed, sold it, and moved on. I too have my issues and views on Tracker, their customer service, quality, and warranty issues. However, I try to keep the comments constructive or just don't comment if I feel I can't say something nice. When I have something negative to say, I take it to personal e-mail. There are a LOT of great folks on this board that bend over backwards to help people out that they have never even met. A good bunch of those people believe it or not, actually do like their boats, so to continually sound off on the brand, on a site dedicated TO that brand, of course is going to put you in a bad light. I doubt very much you are as bad as what many have claimed you to be from you posts, so don't feed them anymore ammo. Keep you posts civil and respectful and get a new boat man. Life is too short to get so worked up over something that you are supposed to ENJOY. So in the words of my hero Mini, have a cigarette, a cup of coffee, and relax. Oh yeah, you might want to mix a couple of bottles of jack and a trip to Hooters in there too! LOL

Charlie,

As you may well already know, I too have a TV-18. It's my 3rd one, because the first 2 self destructed. My journey with Tracker Marine, as I like to refer to it, started 3 long years ago. On one hand, I know exactly what you are going through, but on the other hand I too became very tired of your negative posts. Like you, I came to this site looking for advice and friends to lean on and help me out in dealing with my issues. Through a combined effort by myself, members of this site who took it upon themselves to personally send e-mails to Tracker Marine on my behalf and Ken Neeley I was able to get my issues resolved. It was very aggravating and annoying at times, and believe me I had all kinds of terrible thoughts running through my head, but this is not the place for those. I came here looking for advice and support, I got exactly that. My issues are over and done with, yes I still have negative feelings because of 3 years of battling with Tracker but I keep those to myself, why should others be burdened with the past problems of one..? So far, I am enjoying my new boat, when problems arise, that I can't solve on my own, I will turn here, to my friends on the board and ask for advice. I will not however, cloud their judgement with my own personal feelings. Give us the facts, we'll be glad to help you out, burden us with your whiney attitude we'll turn a deaf ear.

So the stories about Mini and HOOTERS are true !I thought Mac was just kidding around...What those girls must have gone through..WOW !! Mini is an animal .

Smitty...I didn't want to burden anyone with all the problems I had...but, then again I sureashell didn't want anyone else to either...keepin' it to yourself only blinds one eye to real problems whether it be dealer or manufacturer oriented. You just have to make sure you compose yourself properly. Also I think if you had three years of problems....wow....I thought I had it bad.

TEE

Charlie

Do youself a favor and trade the boat in on something else. You will be happier in the long run that you did and you will be able to enjoy your boat without having thoughts about all the issues in the past. life is really too short to let stuff like this bother you.

I have been in a similar situation with a truck i owned. What happened to me was i got a lemon truck. The combo of a bad dealer who didnt care and the manufacturer not wanting to resolve the problems angered me greatly. If it werent for my girlfriend keeping me calm and making me realize its just not worth it to get so worked up over a hunk of steel and plastic, i may have drove it thru the showroom window( im not kidding). I fought with them for two years and got nowhere and spent lots of money on basically a lost cause. In the end i realized its just not worh it and dumped it for something else, i went with an entirely different brand. Yes i did take a hit financally but in the end im much happier. Like you i am still a bit angry at the manufacturer for not standing behind thier product but complaining about it gets me nowhere. I just took my business elswhere and moved on. i suggest you do the same thing. Go get something different, go fishing and be happy.

Charlie,

I have stayed on the sidelines for most of this. My comments are pretty simple and straightforward.

For the most part, many on this board are very happy with their Nitro's and Trackers, but not all. However, if you continue to 'wail away' in a very negative mode, you can expect negative feedback to be directed back at you.

I hope that your boat problems are corrected, and that you can continue to (or start to) enjoy it.

Tex

Charlie,

I am very sorry if anything I wrote last night offended you or hurt you in any way. I was only speculating at what might be the problem. When I was a kid I had an old 57 Ford that I was constantly working on and getting all messed up so badly it wouldn't even start. Lucky for me there was a gas station with an old guy that would fix my screwups (no charge), cuss me and tell me if I did it again he'd charge me through the nose. That was what I was thinking may be happening to you, only with a dealer who wasn't quite so understanding as my old "shade tree" friend. Also I have known guys who were just hard on their equiptment and curse it when it failed. Once again I was just guessing. Once again please accept my appology. I didn't mean to come down on you--just maybe offer some reason for what was happening. I to get a little irratated when I read the Tracker bashing. I spend $200 a month plus all the other $$$$$'s involved and I guess I get a little tender when I feel my investment is a foolish one.

Rich,

I want to appolgize to you as well. Since mine was the last post in the thread last night I feel like it might have been the one that put things over the top. It was not my intention. I'm sorry.

Harpo

To Charlie and Scott,

Just want to apologize to you guys and anyone else out here if anything I said in the thread Rich froze caused friction,

Maybe as Scott suggested, we can learn, drop it, and move on. I guess people's emotions were running a little high last night, and I got caught up in it, and am guilty of a little "selective reading" too, when I mentioned what I thought was a personal attack on Scott. So please accept my apology if anything I said offended either of you guys, or anyone else here too.

Rich, an apology to you also, for all the above reasons, and if anything I said on this topic caused trouble.

The reason I joined here was because of how terrific all these people are here, and that there was so much info to be learned, and that there wasn't all the bashing and name calling like some other sites, and lo and behold, I kind of jumped in with a post when it might have been best to lay low and leave it alone. Life's too short!! Sorry everyone, egMike

Tee,

I did'nt mean to keep the problems to yourself. I feel that this is the proper place to air the ones you have, BUT, like you said, it needs to be in a composed manner and constructively related for all to read. I will not come on here and bash Tracker/Nitro. Most of us are very proud of our boats, and go to painstaking lengths to seek out the proper care for them, I think partly that's why this site exists. But coming on here and wholeheartedly bashing the brand, the model and the service recieved is not right. I was tired of listening to it and somewhat offended since I run the same model boat. And even after 2 self destructed, I still firmly believe that the TV-18 is one of the best high power aluminum bass boats on the market today.

Great. We've all apoligized. We all love each other. [dabbing tear from corner of my eye]. But nobody is getting my Bud Light!

Seriously: Charlie, this forum is here for you to vent your frustrations and to seek some help. You've vented your frustrations, and now I encourage you to take whatever positives you can from this place. It's not the place to wage an anti-Tracker marketing campaign.

The truth is important. If Tracker did wrong by you, and you need to tell your story, you can do that here, but within reason. There are lots of bassin' sites that will let you bash a company mercilously. Here, we try to have a relationship with Tracker by providing a forum not only for the truth, but also for productive behavior and positive attitude that helps the average owner be more successful with their Tracker product. That's not to say Tracker is beyond criticism. They have proved themselves worthy of criticism on more than one occassion. However, if we don't excercise some balance, we can't expect them to listen with anything more than a deaf ear, and then things will never improve.

I hope you'll stay and contribute.

As for the rest of you...ah, nevermind.

:)

Ahhhh....now you guys are just gettin' tooooooo mushy!!!!

EEEeeeeewwwwwwwwww.....

GO FISH!!!!!

TEE

started to reply on charlies first post but decided it wasn't worth the time. i really enjoy this site and the posts from all that contribute as there is a LOT of great info and advice here that helps everyone out. charlie, you need to think about "why?" you would even post something as you did, and get that core issue taken care of. life is too short and the fishin days too few. me - i own a nitro boat made by tracker and I plan to enjoy it.

jd

Latest posts

Back