Son's first deer....

• Thread starter Bob G. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/901/St
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob G.

Reaction score
I let my 12 year old son bag school so he could go to PA with me for the first week of buck/doe season there. On the fourth day of our hunt, he made a good 45 yard shot on a nice 4 point buck!! That really made my whole season to watch him patiently wait for the buck to move out of the brush and get in the open before he downed it with one shot with a 1951 Savage 30-30 that my dad gave him!!

My dad got a real nice 10 pointer and a doe and I also got one doe.

Bob G.
StevenBuck.jpg

Congrats to you and your boy!

sure bob,now i know where all the deer have been going!!!

WOW!! What a great hunt!! Seems everyone is doing pretty well (except for Marke!!LOL!!), Even the MacDaddy has game in the freezer. When I get back from Florida, I'm going Daffy Duck hunting and I hope to get a couple worthy of mounting.

TOXIC

That's a kicka$$ 10pt!! NICE!!!.....Hey Tox, Marke has a nice "DoH!" in the can, compliments of Ken "Ballistic Tip" Neeley...we were up 'till 11pm last monday night doin' the Hannibal Lector on mine and his!! We goter-done though!!

(And we even threw a few pieces on the grill while we were cuttin'....took a break about 8pm,..chowed...and finished at 10:30pm!!)...ahahaha....it was WELL WORTH IT!!!!

My duck will be ready to pick up @ Feb-March......and my deer skull will be done in early Jan.!!

Great job guys !!!!!!!

That sure brought a smile to his face.

Steve

Congrats: Nice Deer. I had a good one happen to me this past weekend. Shot at a big doe and got her plus the one that was traveling beside her. 2 for 1 not a bad deal except had to go find another doe tag and had to drag both out about a half mile.

Nice going dad. Good to see a real father and son team.

Congrats to your son.

Da Bear

Nice going dad. Good to see a real father and son team.

Congrats to your son.

Da Bear

Bob - You know i'm not a hunter, but THAT IS GREAT!! Look at the smile on his face! And it was on day 4! So I assume that means 3 days of sitting in the blind/stand for him waiting for a deer and a clear shot! Patience, gotta love that in a kid!

Trep

Nice deer for him... and, you must be very proud... Gllad to see three generations together... livin' the "pass it on" tradition.

nice deer, there is nothinbg like the first.

i don't deer hunt but i am an avid duck hunter. i have had my son out a couple of times this yr. but it will be a couple more before he will be able to hold up the shot gun.

congrats to him and your farther.

gregD

Latest posts

Back