some thoughts and prayers needed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
As I posted earlier, my daughter had a baby boy, my second grandchild. he is doing great. But, last night my daughter started havind seizures (never ever before this) and right now she is in ICU. She has had cat scans, an MRI, blood work, spinal tap, etc. Doctors don't know yet any cause. so, she (and me too) could use some positive thoughts and prayers.

I can stare down anything, but when it is one of mine I get scared. Thanks.

Prayers said for your daughter and family Greg, including you.

jdj

Thanks I feel helpless and I don't like that at all

My head is starting to hurt I'm praying and well wishing so hard for all of you.. And I'll continue to do so until you tell me to quit. You're not helpless Greg.. You're a stong man so just stay that way for your family. I wish I could help you more.

Uncle Billy

okay, situation has improved and an email from rtlo made the whole family feel better. His info got to me within minutes of a diagnioosis from a consulting dr.

thanks again.

we have good diagnioosis and doctor. if all goes well we are out of the woods.

I hope it all works out okay. I will still keep her in my thoughts - Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Greg,

We will pray for a positive outcome. I know that I would do anything to spare my own the pain and suffering. because it would be easeir for me to take the bullet then watching them have to take it.

GOD bless you and yours. prayers

Mark and family.

All you, my friends here, have been a big help to me... All I can do is be here at the hospotal and pray... so, the thoughts and prayers are really a big boost.

p/s. I love this verizonn internet/emaill phone

Greg,

My thoughts are with you and yours! Hope everything turns out o.k. and congrats on the grandson!

Rich D

Greg,

Prayers to you and yours......glad things are looking up.

Greg, knee time coming here from pa.Hope things are ok with you and yours.

as of 8 am... she had slept most of the night and no more seizures... another 12 hrs will be a very good sign.

All of your positive messages and prayers are really appreciated. Thanks to you all.

Prayers said for your family Greg.. Congrats on the new grandson..

Post some pics

God Bless

Rick

Greg, my thoughts are with your family. Very happy to read that she is improving.

Katie has passed 24 hours without another seizure... And, for that we all very very thankful. I am very grateful to all of you here that took the time to send us a note and said a prayer or passed on good thoughts. This is the best website in the whole of cyberspace...

I can now concentrate on get a few pics of my grandson posted. He is wonderful... but laughablely very dull he just eats, sleeps, and you know what else... Only a few little whimpers when he is hungry... And, he smiles a lot when he is awake... Thankfully he is not a difficult baby ... Grandmas and aunts have done well arguing over whose turn it is to play mom for a day/night... no shortage of help there... So, lots to be very thankful for...

God Bless you all...

Praise God for the good news Greg, we'll keep the prayers coming y'alls way.

Very good news indeed. You have been in my thoughts all weekend. Keep us posted.

Harpo

Just logged on.....Glad to hear things are improving, Greg. My prayers are with you and your family.

TJ

Greg,

Sorry to hear what you have been going through. I've not been on much lately, so just now seeing your post.

My son went through seizures both in and out of the hospital about 5 years ago. I know how trying this time must have been to you.

I and my family will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers, during this time.

Tex

I just read the original message. Glad to hear things are turning for the better Greg. Congrats on the new grandchild. My prayers go out to the new arrival and your daughter. Hope everything continues to go well.

Greg, Just read the post too, glad to here everything is going o.k , still sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Congrats on the new grandson.

Steve ><}}}}'>

Greg,

Wow...I am glad things have improved. You and yours will be in my thoughts, take care and enjoy that Grandson!

-Corey

Greg, sorry to hear about your daughter. Glad she is improving. I hope she continues to do well. Good thoughts to you and your family. :D

Catching up on all the board news. More good news today Greg? Thoughts are with you and family.

Again, thanks to you all...

Corey... e-mail me about Tox and TJ

A final hospital update... THe whole committee of Doctors agree they don't think she will have any more seizures... They have moved her from intensive care to a regular room and she is going to get to spend a little time 15-20 minutes with her newborn (she hasn't seen him for three days) and her daughter (3yr old). Next report, hopefully, tomorrow when she gets to go home...

I have learned a bunch of alphabet tests... CT, MRI, EEG, EKG, TEE (yup Tee there is a test with your name...a real nasty one...lol). And, I have learned that even after all that you can never get a completely 100% "straight" answer... everything gets "hedged" with "maybe" or "usually" and the one I love best... "of course we can never be sure of anything"....

I can see it now; "well yes Mr. Meyer it appears to be an arrow through your head...but, of course we can never be sure of anything... might be a third ear that just looks like an arrow... so we are treating you for the arrow through the head and 19 other possibles as they are also "presented".!"

I shouldn't really be hard on the medicos... They did a fantastic job, really... nd, most of all, they really did care about the person they were treating... that was obvious. So, I owe a thank you to God, all my friends here and elsewhere who supported us with prayer and positive thoughts and expressions of concern. You have no idea how bountiful our lives became with the outpouring of support from friends and family. Thanks to everyone...

Fantastic news Greg, prayers do work for sure.

Remeber they call it "practicing medicine" for a reason and they call it "health care or desease management" for a reason. there is more money in managing your illness than curing it.

Thank God your daughter is recovering.

jdj

Great news greg....of course the nasty one had to be named after me:lol:

First, to all of you who offered up prayers and suuport, from my whole faily; thank you. Katie is now home on medication. The prognosis is excellent. None of the doctors feel there was any permanent harm done to her by the seizures. They also believe that the condition was brought on by pregnancy and child birth, so that there is no reason to believe she has any permanent condition of any kind.

My grandson and his mother are reunited and happy again. (He was okay with it all as long as he got fed...LOL) He is a great joy. I got to be the primary babysitter for three hours or so last night while everybody else went out to eat and grocery shop.

Glad to hear you can enjoy your grandson now w/o stressing about your daughter's health

Back