:( its been bad couple of weeks. (need a prayer for both Mom and Dad today)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I think a lot of the group here knows the situation with my dad and his brain cancer, well we found out some bad news about my Mom too. She had a full knee replacement done a couple weeks ago(bad knees seem to run in my family) and while she was recovering in the hospital the last doctor to see her decided he didn't like what her lungs sounded like so he ordered a chest X-Ray. They found a mass on the X-Ray the doctor suspected that she has lung cancer. They did a CT scan and a biopsy of the mass to confirm and indeed she does have lung cancer and a pretty large tumor form what they tell us. They did a biopsy yesterday on her lymph node's to see it it had spread and thankfully that came back negative. They booked her for surgery to have half her right lung removed to get rid of the tumor and the doctor is hoping for a good prognosis based on what they find while in there. I'm still stunned a little by the whole thing but im dealing with it the best i can.

We got some bad news about my Dad too. He had an MRI as a part of the study medication he is doing this morning. They found out that his tumor is growing again and its grown a good bit in the last two months. At this point we have exhausted every treatment option available so there isn't really much more they can do for him other then try to keep him comfortable. He fought this thing for a year and a half so far and every day is beating the odds stacked against him but its loosing battle. He has not really been doing too well lately with speech and thinking and is declining at a rapid pace :(. When he had his seizure in Jan they told us he had weeks, the study drug he was taking got him 6 quality months he most likely didn't have and I'm very thankful for that.

Cancer really sucks, thats the only way i can put it :(

If you guys could say a prayer for both my Mom and Dad id really appreciate it.

Sorry about your parents. I know you are doing your best. Sometimes that's all we can do.

My family will be praying for you and your family.

Barry from La.

My family will keep you and your family in our prayers. You're a great son to your parents and it shows. God Bless you all.

Sorry to hear about all of the bad news Jim. Prayers are with you.

Paul

Prayer are sent and I will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers each day.

Praying for strength and peace. Way too much of this lately....God be with you!

now is the time for you and yours to remember HOW much you have been fortunate to have these folks to love and cherish all these years...............good thoughts and prayers being sent......

You and your family are in our prayers... Keep us informed. Everyone here is like family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family also. I lost both parents (6 months apart) to cancer back in the 80's, and a younger brother to it in '95.

Prayers sent for you and your family.!!!!!

Jim,

Thinking of you and your family. Sorry to hear of the continued bad news.

GregD

My thoughts are with you and yours. Best wishes.

Rich D

Jim, I am so sorry and I remember talking with you on the water about your dad last year and was thinking about you and your family this year when you couldn't make it. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. They will be in my thoughts and prayers. Bill, the MadKayaker

Hang in there buddy, thoughts and prayers from the entire USA Marine Family....:)

Sorry to hear that, Jim. Hope things turn around for you and your family.

Our prayers are with you! Lost my mother-in-law 3 months ago to cancer.

Dobber

Latest posts

Back