Sold the Tracker, Now only have one boat :-)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well did the transfer, paperwork and check with a nice retired gentleman from Anderson, SC this morning. He knows about the site and checked up on me already before he came down :) So the S.S. Daddy is now (minus the name labels) gonna be running around Hartwell!

Realy nice guy, and met his wife and son as well. So Beka's happy that there is only one boat in the garage and Ken gets the 2004 NTOWS Wining Boat as his!

Plan to hit the water in the Nitro in the AM for a few hours, if my elbow isn't bad. Seeing the Dr. at 4pm, it has been swollen and painful to the touch since Sun afternoon, but this is the first chance i've had to see the Dr, been in office face-2-face meetings from sun up to sun down till today :-(

Oh and it figures, all the calls, emails and folks that looked at it were from FREE sites! one guy looked at it last week from a color ad I posted at all the baitshops around here, got one bite this morning (after I sold it) from craigslist.com, and Ken found it on adpost.com. So the $55 I spent on boattraderonline.com didn't help, though it was only for sale for less then 2 weeks, so who knows.

Also, it was a very bitter sweet parting today. This was my FIRST real boat, my prior boats were a 12ft semi-v and a 14ft Jonboat, both with the same 5hp Mariner. The Tracker was the first with an electric start, power T/T, and a STEERING wheel! I did feel a touch of guilt watching her get pulled away by Ken in his son's Mazda SUV. But i'll take my Nitro out in the AM and work out my depression!!

Did you get your asking price Trep?

If so, sounds good for me and the PT175 if I sell this spring. Glad you sold it, but this time of year is usually hard to sell.

Noah, my oldest, get the honor of naming the Nitro, so he said he wouldn't ride in her until we sold the Tracker, so in the next few weeks i'll take him out (no time this weekend) and we'll see what he things. Right now he's thinking the "Red Rocket"!!

I'll work on it Tex. If my elbow isn't torn up or on drugs in the AM, i'm launching with a friend at 6:45am on Allatoona. I'm gonna try the tight to cover jig/trailer that got me 3 fish last week, as a first try after the son comes up.

Now I can start BUYING my wish list for the Nitro! My Mom called on my way back from selling her, and she was double checking what I had told her i'd like (things like fenders for docking, rod holders...) that she could easily find at Walmart and even sent her pictures so she could find them also sent her weblinks and BPS Stock #'s if she wanted to order online!!

Trep

Congratulations Michael.. King Tin is dead, long live King Sparkles! Doesn't quite sound the same does it? :p Elbow hurting? You have to learn to switch hands my young friend..:rolleyes:

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy - "You have to learn to switch hands my young friend" I assume you mean for casting right??? Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge, knowwhatImean!!! LOL

From self Diagnosing it on Web, it feel/looks like bursitis, but the Dr will tell me. It seems from the web it could be messy (shots, drain the elbow, antibiotics..) That may kill my fishing in the AM.

Trep congrats on selling the boat.

Thats funny on the name. My nephew annointed my 882 the "Red Rocket" two summers ago when i took him fishing. He thought it was pretty fast even though i never even got close to top speed. He still calls it that whenever i take him fishing. He always asks "are we taking the Red Rocket boat?" Then proclaims we have to go "super fast" whigch to him equals about 35mph. Im sure he would love the 60+ i can do but i dont feel comortable with kids on my boat at that speed for some reason.

Good job on a quick sale, Michael.

I've got a little tennis elbow in my left arm, and it's not comfortable, that's for sure. Mine is from the repitition of using a reloading press. Jeanne has had it from tennis. There are medical treatements, but rest and physical therapy are usually the ticket to recovery.

Remember how I was feeling sickly when you were picking up the Nitro? Went downhill for a week then coughed for about three weeks after that. Well, I started getting sick again last week. Couldn't figure it out, because I rarely get sick. Then the source revealed itself. A molar I had crowned a few years ago felt sore. And I was getting a swollen gland on the same side of my face. Went to the dentist yesterday, sure enough, "You've got a bad infection in there, I'm surprised your tooth hasn't been bothering you longer..." Uh, huh. So, I'm gonna lose the molar in a couple of weeks, and then I'm facing some type of implant a few months after that. But, after 24 hours of ampicillin, I am feeling a whole lot better than I have in weeks.

Fishing, anyone? :)

Rich - It didn't work out as quick as I had hoped (with the original guy picking it up right when I got back from Canada, but 2 weeks since I put the ads up is GREAT!!)

Got back from the Dr, she didn't know how or what but i've got some kinds of alien (not mine) infections in my elbow, its not Bursitis, but i'm now on antibiotics 3 times a day, and 800 milgrams of Ibupropan for 10 days!

Glad you figured out why you were NOT getting better, sorry about the tooth. I had an emergency root canal the wed before canada, had the crown prep 2 weeks ago and on mon get the crown.

BUT... I'm leaving the house at 0-dark-45am for fishing!!!

Trep out

Oh, and :angry: no Beer for 10 days while on the antibiotics:(

Latest posts

Back