smell with fuel tank

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Martin

Reaction score
Still have the smell in my storage areas of fuel. Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it. Tracker tells me there is no problem, but my boat stinks. Bought brand new Nitro 911

Need help

I don't know if this will help or not but I noticed that when I got my boat out of storage this year they had stuck sheets of fabric softner for dryers all over the boat. It left the boat with a very fresh smell even in the compartment with the batteries and fuel tank. Try an oder eater stick up. Can't hurt.

Mark

I am on 3rd 929 and all of them if I travel with full tank or store in warm garage with cold full fuel tank get same smell, not sure where it comes from but don't notice with tank level down from full.

I have always had that smell with my Nitro esp when its warm out and I lock up all the lockers. The past couple of years though (When the Air temps start getting in the 60's and above) I leave a crack in the Gas locker. I keep mine in the garage so I also keep my Front (Middle) locker wide open. Havnt had that prob since. There just isnt a lot of Ventilation when the Boat sits.

Max <><

The danger related to gas "smells" is relative to the amount of vapors present. If you're talking about a "nose-burning" amount, then you might have a big problem, but if you're talking about a pleasant "aroma" then you are operating in the normal.

Back