92 Nitro Missing Fuel Tank

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 92 Nitro 2000DC that is missing the second fuel tank under the seats. Would anyone have dimensions for it? I know I can measure the opening height but not sure how wide of one I can get to slip in there at an angle.

Here are some pics if anyone has suggestions. The hole size is about 57" length, 11" width and 8.5" height. What I'm not sure on if I get a custom tank is the height due to the filler tube height. Any suggestions on a custom tank maker or what size I can fit in there? Also another question is if this second tank should have a sending unit or not. Don't know how you would switch back and forth without 2 fuel gauges?

Attachments

• image1 - Copy (9).jpeg
    image1 - Copy (9).jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image3 - Copy (6).jpeg
    image3 - Copy (6).jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image7 - Copy (2).jpeg
    image7 - Copy (2).jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image9 - Copy.jpeg
    image9 - Copy.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I have a 1995 190dc. Not sure if the dimensions will be the same, but I'll try to get you dimensions tomorrow. On the drivers side there is a mechanical switch that is basically a plumbing tee and you turn the switch handle to the left side or the right. There is a sending unit for each tank and the electric fuel rocker switch is connected to the fuel gauge and you can select between tank 1 or 2. I'll take a photo of the mechanical switch and send it to you along with the tank dimensions.

The tank measures 4' wide, 17 1/2" deep, and 5 1/2" tall. The attached photo is of the tank selector (main or aux). On my boat, I have to remove the main tank to be able to slide out (or in) the auxiliary tank. I believe it is a 10 gallon tank. I haven't used it in a very long time.
Fuel Tank Selector Mechanical Switch 1995 Nitro 190dc.jpg

Just wondering how many gallons is the main tank ?

Latest posts

Back