Smallmouth question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar Gilbert

Reaction score
Smallmouth bass are still bedding in my favorite brownfish pond. A local says it is the second spawn which have I never heard of before.. Water temp is 78 and crystal clear. Can anyone shed any light on this situation? Seems awfully late in the summer to see active beds.

I've heard that up North they do sometimes have "waves" of spawners and as long as it's below 80 degrees and can happen multiple times. I know down south it happens rarely if at all...once it's done..it's done.

Our water temp here is anywhere from 85 to 90:huh:

All bass spawn multiple times. Well they try to anyway. Most of the time there may be a young buck garding a nest, but there may not be a female dropping eggs or eggs to guard.

I think they are just fronting to be honest...lol

"I'm just a gigolo, and everywhere I go, people know the part I'm playing.....

Too late for the spawn, something here is wrong, there ain't no fish for me to be laying!!!"

"I'm just a gigolo, and everywhere I go, people know the part I'm playing.....

Too late for the spawn, something here is wrong, there ain't no fish for me to be laying!!!"

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are!:lol::lol::lol:

Scott

Hey Lamar - I was pretty close to your location last week. A buddy of mine and I skipped work and went to Little Sebago Lake and had a pretty good time. What a beautiful lake! Definitely going to try to get back up to Bridgeton to fish Kezar Lake for next year's spawn!

Bill, the Madkayaker

Latest posts

Back