Side job

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to make some supplemental income. I have a friend who's doing a rehab project for a section 8 two flat rental property.He has asked me to install the carpet. Any ideas as to how much I should charge for the labor? That would not include the cost of the carpet. I'm quite handy in basically all areas of home projects, but I can't charge him premium price. But what might be fair? I'm estimating 4 rooms at approximately 9' X 9' and 4 rooms at approximatelt 8' X 10'.......Thanks for any advice.

Do you have any experience with laying carpet? Do you have a kicker, stretcher, and seam iron or are you going to have to rent tools? Don't forget pad and tack-strip and seam tape. If those rooms aren't connected to any other carpet you won't need seam tape. Carpet labor is usually charged by the square yard or in some areas by the square foot. Call around to some of the local carpet stores and ask what they charge per yard (or square foot) and go from there. Or you could just estimate how many hours it might take to do the job and only you know how much you're worth per hour. Good luck

Harpo

We're hit'n the Home Depot tonight to pick up the tools. My first estimate for time/labor is $280 per floor. These are small apartments. The living rooms are about 8' X 10' Dining rooms about the same. 4 bedrooms about 8' X 8'.

Latest posts

Back