Side Imaging.. My first try at it

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I thought id post a picture that i got from my first real trip with my new side imaging Humminbird 798c. I just installed two new humminbird units on my z7 recently. I have been thinking about the side imaging for a while now and i had planed to wait until Lowrance put thiers out but i dedided against it. I bought a HDS5 and i was not very impressed with it so i decided to give the Huminbirds a shot. So far im very impressed with them. The screens are fantactic, they work every bit as well if not better then my Lowrances did. The networking works well( actually working is a plus...) and the gps seems way more accurate. Overall im pretty happy.

So heres a picture that i took on Lake Winni in NH. This is a sunken boat called lady of the lake that sank when it was being pulled out to deep water to be scuttled. It sits in ~30' of water. Ive been looking for thie boat for a while and while i thought i found it in the past my waypoints were a good bit off. I can say for sure i have indeed found it and while i didnt catch any bass off it i know smallies must be on it. I did catch a boatload of white perch from it. SO what do you all think? I have some work to do to learn how to use it but i think i did pretty ok for a first try.

lady of the lake.jpeg

Nice shot Jim,

I've found that I get better pics when I stay off the thing I want to view. If you play with your sensitivity a tad, you will be able to see the fish sitting on the structure. Even now, all the little white return are fish. and this boat looks loaded.

Pierre

Jim - I've had the same unit for the last year LOVE IT!!

Latest posts

Back