SI on targa 2000

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess bird

Reaction score
Does anybody have any suggestions on where to mount a SI transducer on a targa 2000? I just saw a picture of one mounted directly below the motor. Will that work? Anyone else done that? I really don't want to drill a hole in the bottom of my boat.

Thanks

Jess
transom.JPG
transom.JPG
transom2.jpg

Not much choice in that application. It's going to have to go on the transom. You don't have to put it on the bottom. The mount screws will go in to the transom and the transducer will be positioned just slightly below the bottom of the boat. As long as there are no chines or sponsons directly in line with the side of the transducer it will work great. Just use silicon sealant and mount it up!

NoCAL

Thanks for the reply NoCal. I have done a bit of research the last couple days and it is looking like the best place to mount it is going to be on the underside of the motor box on the underside of the boat. Not sure why I didn't think of that to begin with. It will be in the water all the time, protected, and should have an unobstructed view to the sides, might have to play with the trim on the kicker when it is down. I'll post when its installed as to how well it works. This is a great forum, glad I found it.

Thanks again.

Jess

Yep, installed it myself! Just kidding. I don't have a jackplate. The transom is designed kind of like an unadjustable jackplate. It comes back even farther on the boat right where the motor is mounted. Not sure how to give a better description, or to make the picture a little smaller on original post so you can actually see what you are looking at.

Jess

Tox,

That looks like a kicker mounting plate. The other transom bracket (lower left) looks like the big motor.

Latest posts

Back