Seat Repair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Cornett

Reaction score
Is there any way to patch a quarter size tear in the driver's seat? My wife put the vacuum cleaner on the seat and left a nice little gouge.

There are guys who can do a pretty good job of vinyl repair. Check with a detail shop or a used car dealer for a referance. It won't be perfect but it won't be a hole either.

Harpo

I have used a product in the past called "Vinyl and Plastic Welder" works just for what your want it for. Bought it at K Mart but I haven't been able to find it lately.

There is also a vinly repair kit that included colors that you mix up until you match then you put it on and iron it to get it to set up. I bought that at Advanced Auto Parts. Really hard to match the color. It has different textured pads in the box to match the texture of the stuff being repared. I'd suggest practicing on another thing first if you can find it.

fatrap

Target also has the leather/vinyl repair kit. Not perfect, but close. My neighbor's rods wore a hole in my Tracker's seat. Luckily, it was the black portion so no color mixing/matching required. Just slap on the black goo, cover with the textured paper, iron away and there you go.

Latest posts

Back