Nitro Seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSrickBass

Reaction score
Need a little help. Took apart boat to install new carpet. I have a 2008 Nitro 591 SC. Just cannot figure out how to put seats back in. I have two metal pieces that are suppose to go behind seats but just don't how. Anyone have photos of behind seats? Just put a 2022 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4-Stroke with a new 32 volt Ultrex. Using a single 36 volt lithium battery. Love my Nitro.

I can't help with your seat issue.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the new Merc. I am staring a re-power in the face and I am between a Merc and a Suzuki 150. Any insight appreciated!

Good luck on your issue.

Love the new Mercury. Steady and strong. Seems I have stronger engine at lower RPM's. I put a four blade prop. I use to get 61 to 63 from my old 150 efi. I now get 55 to 57 with four blade.

Love the new Mercury. Steady and strong. Seems I have stronger engine at lower RPM's. I put a four blade prop. I use to get 61 to 63 from my old 150 efi. I now get 55 to 57 with four blade.
Did you go from a 2stroke to the 4stroke? I am worried about the extra weight and the effect on performance. I have currently a '92 Rude and it weighs about 100lbs less than any of the new 4stroke 150s.

Not having any idea what it looks like behind the seat, or the brackets involved, can you post of picture or two of the situation?

I can't help with your seat issue.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the new Merc. I am staring a re-power in the face and I am between a Merc and a Suzuki 150. Any insight appreciated!

Good luck on your issue.
What's wrong with the Evinrude ? From your pictures it looks like a 60 degree motor. They were a really good motor.

I have on cylinder at 80 the rest are 90-91. I have been trying to decarbon the motor in hopes it will bring some compression back. I had two Mechanics say it had worked in the past for them. I really want to keep it cause it is light and pushes my 18 fter real well.

I have on cylinder at 80 the rest are 90-91. I have been trying to decarbon the motor in hopes it will bring some compression back. I had two Mechanics say it had worked in the past for them. I really want to keep it cause it is light and pushes my 18 fter real well.
You know that 10% low on a cylinder is acceptable in the 2 cycle world. did you power tune the motor with mercury's power tune? and did you do it in the water and run it full throttle after a 1/2 hour setting time? Did you use the whole can? Just asking

I have seafoam in the fuel.
I sprayed the OMC tuner into the heads and let it sit. Then spun the motor to push out the excess. It sat for 2 weeks while I was finishing the glass work.

Got it running. Ran a gallon of fuel and concentrated seafoam through it. Lots of smoke!

That is as far as I have gotten. Going to run it up to temp then spray into the carbs.

I was told the 80 number is nothing to worry about too much but to keep an eye on it.

I have been doing my homework on what I will do if It dies on me.

Need a little help. Took apart boat to install new carpet. I have a 2008 Nitro 591 SC. Just cannot figure out how to put seats back in. I have two metal pieces that are suppose to go behind seats but just don't how. Anyone have photos of behind seats? Just put a 2022 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4-Stroke with a new 32 volt Ultrex. Using a single 36 volt lithium battery. Love my Nitro.

Not having any idea what it looks like behind the seat, or the brackets involved, can you post of picture or two of the situation?

Attachments

• 2023Feb22Seat1S.jpg
    2023Feb22Seat1S.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023Feb22Seatssa.jpg
    2023Feb22Seatssa.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 0
My newly upholstered seats. Notice the two metal pieces. Have new carpet over. Each piece has a screw hole in each corner.

Latest posts

Back