Seat Poles

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Street

Reaction score
My boat has two bicycle seats on it with the 2" poles that have snaps at the end to hold them in place. When I purchased the boat, both seats were in place.

The front pole is all the way in, the back pole is 3/4 of the way in. Both are stuck in the recepticle.

What is the best way to get them out and what is the best way to lube them so they do not stick?

I agree with Mike... Use some WD-40 and let it sit for a while. When you get them loose, use some

white lithium grease to keep them from seizing up again.

WD 40 let soak for an hour. Then take a pipe wrench and find an old leather belt. Wrap leather belt around the pole and put the jaws of the pipe wrench over the leather covered pole. The leather will keep the jaw marks from the pipe wrench off the pole. Work the pole loose and twist out. Clean pole socket completely. Wipe or wire brush all areas on the pole's pin completely clean of oxidiation otherwise you'll be back to square one in a month. I had to do this to a buddies old Ranger. To make completely sure it doesn't get rust welded back in remove the pedestol when your finished with the boat.

fatrap

Sometimes my bushings come out of the floor with the peg. A little hot water on the bushing and it come right off.

Latest posts

Back