seat cleaning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I was windewring if anyone else had ever tired a black and decker scum buster for cleaning the seats in the boat? i tried it on mine the other day and it removed years worh of scum from the seats. Im still shocked at how good a job it did.

Did it pull any of the dyes out? I have some black "spots" on my seats that just won't come off. But my seats are red and I don't want to fade them. What is scum buster designed for?

I use Simple Green and a light scrub brush. It's what most detail shops use to clean vinyl seats. Then a good leather and vinyl conditioner.

fatrap

The scum buster is a battery operated scrub brush thingy, great for around the house like tubs, sinks etc. I used some simple green and the buster and off the stuff came. I had some black stuff too that i couldnt get off any other way. I tried simple green and a regular brush but is seems like the rotating action of the scumbuster did the truck unlike a regular bruch could.

I have red seats too and they were pretty grimy from th efirst owner of the boat. This thing cleaned them up great.
S500_5.gif

Be careful with simple green used uncut.

It will fade pin stripping.

I have wide dark green pin stripe design on my fifth wheel camper. I used simple green pure to get the love bugs off and now it is light green.

Same thing happened to my father's camper.

Wolf

Back