searching for the pee hole

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james goddard

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1997 tracker pro 18 with a 40hp 2 stroke mercury.I got her running the other day and noticed there was no pee stream or a pee hole.I had ear muffs on it and saw water come out at the prop and some (like a spray) out of what looks like 3 square holes about a foot down from the engine cowl. Is this normal or should there be a stream from some where? I did some searches but can,t find a solid answer.

There should be a solid "tell-tail" from a small hole at the stbd cowl at the rear of the motor. Pressurized air blown backwards through this opening can dislodge pieces of debris that find there way to that opening. If not available, use a piece of weed-wacker line and feed it up when the motor is running. The spray is through the exhaust port and is normal. ;)

I went outside and looked again the only hole on the right side is about 6inches above the prop on the lower end .Is this the hole your refering to? There is nothing up by the motor itself on either side.

Hold your horses...you don't by chance have a "FORCE" 40 do you? They do not have the tell-tail......:blink::blink::blink:

:eek:Not sure ???? I think it just says tracker mercury marine on the motor...I,ll look tomorrow....Could that be why I don,t have a pee hole? Then what should I have ?

How 'bout a serial number....most of the Force products start with "0E......":unsure:

scott, you might have to see a doctor for this one. :eek:

Yep..the force engines puke it out the exhaust port. Sometimes ya' wonder if it's workin' until you give it gas.

Ok, now that we clarified...there is NO tell-tail. You'll see a fine mist / spray out the exhaust port....that's all she wrote.....:blink:

Thanks Bob B ....Bob G, I was getting ready to make a appointment...Thanks Tee...

Back