150 Optimax Basic Question?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchjerker

Reaction score
Image.jpg
Image.jpg I was starting my motor for the first time this season, and noticed water coming out of the Square Hole in the back of my motor, along with some smoke…It looks like the motor exhaust port… its about 1 inch by 1 inch square. and its below the tell tale port…..My Mercury book doesn't show or tell what this square hole is and should i be concerned about water coming out of it and the smoke…
its a 2010 model.
I had the motor connected to a water hose in my driveway and idling, when i noticed this..
I can 't recall if this is "normal" or not…

Any insight on this would be helpful.

Connected to a water hose HOW? On muffs right? Not to the round hose port on the upper end of the motor as that's just for flushing and not for running off of as it does nothing for the impeller. Serial number might help. When has the impeller last been changed?? Its due already (way overdue)

oh and hey, welcome to our looney bin aka forums (where some loonies reside) :cool:

I used muffs with the water hose.. and the impeller was replaced last year.. the water was coming out of the tell tale just fine…I just don't recall seeing water coming out of that square hole also….. and smoke……the motor started on first try and sounded great.. i ran it for several minutes...

was the engine winterized? Could be excess oil burning off on the first start up.

I didn't winterized it.
What is the square hole in the photo above, below the 2 stars. ?

It's a two stroke. I spoke to a mechanic today and he said it should have some water coming out of it. So I'm not worried about it anymore. Thanks for all your replies.

Latest posts

Back