Scott! You Get a REFUND!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Scott:

An anonymous donor picked up the costs (food and supplies) for the Special Needs Scouting Weekend. ALL OF US got our money back.

Should I drop your refund (cash) in the mail to you, or would you rather have me send a check (safer)?

MO

MO You can just send it to me in Atlanta, that way we know it will go to good use! LOL Like a trip to Bass Pro Shops!

Michael has a good idea there, Mark..... But don't send it to Atlanta..... Please, you take it to BPS here or Paul's or WallyWorld or someplace they have fishing tackle..... Buy the scouts some new hooks!

In the past couple of days, I have told more people the story of the weekend..... I've printed it out and sent it to a couple of friends..... I've re-read it many times over myself..... To say that I am overwhelmed by the emotions brought out by those kids would be an understatement.....

What a wonderful bunch! What a lesson in courage! What a lesson in taking life as it comes and making the best of it!

I don't know how to say "Thank you!" enough to you, the Canoe Guides and the Scouts.....

God Bless!

me!

Great idea Scott! You know i was just kidding :)

That was a great thing you and MO did!

Man, Scott . . . . . you set the bar high. I'll take my refund out of my wallet and add it to yours and do what you suggested. GREAT idea!!!!!!!! Maybe I can get some of the other committee members to do the same thing.

By the way, I copied some of your photos onto the Canoe Guide website, to say thanks to the guys for helping out. And I put the photo of my first fish of the day up on our bragging board! Over lunch I'll add John's first fish photo to the "Fishing Nims Lake" section.

Thanks, again, for participating and for taking the pictures!

We even discussed your story at our bible study last night Scott. I really would love to be able to do that for a living. What a hoot that would be!

Oh, WOW, Rob! What an honor! Maybe I should had oughta have checked my spelling, grammer and typos..... :^)

me!

I just got home, and the photos from the weekend are here! I'll get them to Doug tomorrow, and ask him to tell me how many reprints of each one he needs.

You're a better photographer than the scanned photos show.

Told you..... I bought a cheap scanner. Not because I'm too cheap to buy a good one..... (Which I am, but that's beside the point.) .....But because I'm too cheap to replace my 7 year old computer which runs on old Windows '95 and the cheapest scanner that Wally World had was also the only one that would work on anything older than Windows '98!

me!

Hey, I TOTALLY understand. My last computer ran Windows 3.1 and had about 40 MB of hard drive space. I still use the old monitor when I bring my laptop home from work.

I'll go into work early tomorrow and scan them on our office system that we use to set up brochures and publications, and then I'll e-mail them to you. I'd also like to use a few (if you don't mind) on my personal web site newsletter so that my family can see what I do for Scouting.

Mark, those pictures don't begin to tell the good you do for those scouts..... You have to experience it, like I did, to get the full impact. Here we are, three days later, and my mind is still overwhemled!

me!

P.S.

Yes, please do send me well-scanned pictures. I'll substitute them for the others. Note: For a couple, I scanned two at once so I could get them in on one post.

me!

P.P.S.

Then I also used Microsoft Photo Editor to resize the scanned images to a width of 600 pixels so the entire image could be viewed at once.

Latest posts

Back