Sad Day

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well as I eluded to in my last post, my Father in Law was not doing well. He passed tonight while my wife was sitting on the side of the road with a broken down car driving home from Florida. Cancer is a cruel disease and I thank God he went with minimal suffering. My wife is taking it pretty hard but she was with him for a full week before she came down here. He visited me here for Christmas along with my wife and Lauren. We made a side trip to Marineland where Lauren spent a day swimming with the dolphins. It is amazing that when cancer starts its deadly march how fast it can progress. Rest in peace Bob. I am proud to be a member of your family.

Picture 026sm.jpg

TOXIC

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Candidly, your wife will have her better memories by not being there. I was very sad that I was not with my father at the end. But, as time has passed I have good memories that are not overshadowed by an end that was inevitable.

Toxic,

Prayers sent for you and your family. I feel bad that your wife had the anguish of car trouble while trying to get there.

TOX, There are many of us who has been there, our heart and prayers go out out to you and your wife and family, he is in a safe and happy place.....

So sorry to hear of your loss! I lost my father a little over a year ago to cancer. It is a horrible disease and I don't wish it on anyone! Prayers sent for your family.

Tox, condolences to you, your wife and her family. Car trouble on top certainly adds to teh stress and sadness. God Bless!

Sympathy and prayers for you and your wife and family.

May the great memories of her Dad fill your heart.

God Bless!

Sorry to hear of your and Deanna's loss,....I'll be sure to let Kathy know so she can call her. RIP Bob,...You will be missed!

Mac & Family:(

Thanks to everyone. He had a life that most of us dream about. Corporate Executive with Corning Glass in upstate New York, Board of Directors for CBS Records in Southern California, #2 man at Western Auto in Kansas City and he bought, made successful/turned around and sold a few company's in between (Executive Limousine, BTM Metals and a tire manufacturing company). He spent his final years as a consultant. He was the reason we went to Wisconsin every year. We buried his mother late last year and his brother the year before. He inspired me at a crucial point in my life with the government. I was on loan from the FDIC to the RTC and they asked me to take over a failing S&L that had 1/2 Billion in assets. I was sent in to replace the CEO and run the institution. I was pretty freaked out to say the least. He sat me down and gave me the courage and confidence to go do what I already knew how to do and make sound decisions. The rest is history so to say. I achieved some accomplishments that had never been done and that catapulted my career when I returned to the FDIC. He raised his 2 daughters and 1 son through some trying times. Yes, he will be missed but he has left a mark that will never be erased. He influenced and touched a lot of people. What more can you ask for?

TOXIC

Sincere condolences, Toxic. I hope your family can find quick comfort in these days of grieving.

Sorry about your loss. Big hugs to you and your family!

Condolences to you and your family Tox. If you need anything please dont hesitate to ask.

Cancer sure is a cruel disease. My family is going thru it right now with my dad as some of you know. Its not easy at all for sure.

Sorry to hear that Tox. At least your wife got to say good bye.

My Brother,

Sue and I are so sorry to hear of your loss. You all will be in out thoughts and prayers.

Semper Fidelis

Carlos and Sue

sorry to hear tox. he sounds like a hell of man. Bless you and your family

He sounds like a great man. I too, am sorry for your loss.

Gene

Latest posts

Back