Report for Dale Hollow:) and Rally info...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Here Goes...Dale is better than ever and the Rally should be good. My dad and I actually didn't get out Tuesday because we got too late of a start to go. Wednesday was really good weather and fishing BEFORE the big front come in on Thursday. We managed about a dozen smallies with about 8 or 9 over 4 lbs. with two fish pushing 5. No small fish whatsoever. Most were caught on shiners but, we did manage a few ALL on spinners...no cranks or topwater and no action on top. I caught one smally about 4 lbs. that hit the spinnerbait THREE times before he actually got it...really cool:) I'll post pic's soon..gettin' em' developed tonite:)

NOW for the Rally......Guys I have found us some really nice NEW places to stay that are really sweet. I also have a few places for both ends of the lake because I have a funny feeling not all are going to stay at the same places down there.....UNLESS I can get some numbers of who all is going. I need numbers so I can help BUT, I can tell you guys up front...I'm not holding anything for anybody...It's gonna' be left up to you to commit and make reservations.

As soon as I get those..I can start by giving numbers if you can tell me which end of the lake you guys would like to fish. Get me a starting point and we'll go from here....

TEE

Tee,

Thanks for picking up on the legwork for this.

I will be attending, so I'm up for a room/cabin/etc (willing to share).

Understand that it will be up to me personally to book/confirm.

Personally, I would prefer it not to be on either the 2nd or 3rd Saturday's of the month, but can work around both if need be.

Tex

That's another point Tex(glad you mentioned it:)

April is your best month and depending on weather(fronts) it can run all the way into May. This year was an exception...Late April was the limit. Even late March can be great...may not be numbers but, size quality is better earlier. Get your maps out guys and lemme' know:)

Myself will be staying at the dam side around Celina(which is where you get shiners in bulk...$11 a lb....(which is about 3 1/2 to 4 dozen medium shiners).

Wehn is the South Rally going to be? I think it might be this weekend in Texas on Fayette County, but it all depends if more than one Nitro is on the water.

Tee...I'm in let's get the date together and I will probably make a reservation now. Is there a resort or cabin type area in Celina???......LA

Yes there is:) Mac kinda' acted like he was interested and a few others...maybe a Mini Rally? Whoever's there...is there?

I know I will be:) It's been a routine that I definitely look foward to every year. There's ABSOLUTELY nothing that swims in water ounce for ounce that will "outfight,outjump and just plain ol' pulling your string" better than Dale smallies. I've caught em' North, South, East and West and those fish down there have a "real bad attitude" hehe:)

Lemme know:)

I'm interested. Need a definate date though. Mac and I talked about it this weekend, he's interested also but gotta work it onto schedules.

TOXIC

I'm interested, but can't commit until early next year. Will need a date so I can plan ahead for vacation time at work.

Bob G.

I'll look at the 05' Calender and see when the full moon is....do you know Tox? April is best:)

BTW....I'll be there at least a week maybe more so some will have a better chance at going if only for a few days:)

Tee, Ditto for me what Bob G. said, I want to go but just can't commit until next year. Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone and trade my Tracker for one of the Champions in TN when I'm there :)

Bob G, you driving down there? Or others from the North. Maybe we could have a Yankee convoy. Or maybe I will fly down and go as a non-boater.

I want to drive if I can. Flying to the rally in Kentucky was a hassle dragging all of gear and stuff. Considering the 2 fish that I caught, I could have bought a Snoopy combo and a "Bass Fishing Combo Lure Kit" at Wallyworld, then just pitched it when I was done!!! LOL!!!

I'd rather take an extra day or two and drive. Not sure if I'd drag my boat that far, but Steve R and I might hook up in PA so I can split the trip in 2 days.

Bob G.

No biggy guys and it's actually a pretty drive down. From Ohio it takes me a solid 6 hr's by the time you stop to gas and eat. Most will be driving right thru Somerset KY. right over the Cumberland:) There's also plenty of BIG blacknose crappie fishin' goin' on at the same time...so we are not limited to bass. To be honest it's usually the guy from "nowhere" and usually doing something a little different is not a surprise:) How do you think this ol' homeboy learned it and only fishin' it two to three times a year. Of course having guides as friends helps.

There's another Good Point! If anyone wants a guide for a day...I am personel friends of Huel Boles who's been guiding all his life there:)

SO GIT-R-DONE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam 80% sure Iam in. I have a few things going on this summer that may conflict but I should be good. But I would need a date first. Also if I am able to go, anyone trveling thru KY on I75 that would like to take about 2 hours off thier trip can stop by my place. Iam pulling the boat so I would have room for personal stuff in there and room for about 3 or 4 bodies in the Trailblazer. I live about 10 minutes off of I75 on the way to Dale going south.

Latest posts

Back