Removing bunk boards question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric B

Reaction score
Greets. I need to replace the bunk boards and carpet on them. Was gonna do it while in Canada this past week but didnt have a chance. My Trailstar is a 2000 (Pro Angler V16), has 2x4x8 boards. Id like to launch at a lake for and take off the old ones, and put on new ones once I put the new carpet on the new boards. Question is, are the bolts put in from above? All I can see under the board is a nut. Has anyone done this them selves? I'd like to be a prepaired as possible when I do this. Also, what type of attachments are used for the carpet?

they are lag bolts in the boards.the best thing to do is make them up,use the same length and width boards.use a good carpet glue.indoor-outdoor carpet glue.lowes carries the carpet and glue.use stainless staples to hold it till the glue sets up.when it has setup,take a hydraulic floor jack,jack up 1 side of the boat at a time and replace them,put the weight on the boards and put the screws back in them.

i used stainless carridge bolts to hold mine down.i had the screws back out on 1 trip.

Eric, they are screwed in from the bottom. If you do some carefull measuring, you can predrill for the lag bolts and cover the bunks with carpet before heading to the lake. All you need is the proper size socket and rachet to replace them at the lake after lauching the boat. Be sure not to cover all the bottom of the bunks with carpet. Leave about 1" or so uncovered to help keep the wood from rotting.

Eric,

There is a step by step procedure in the Grab Bag under "Trailers" for replacing the bunks by John Foster.

Bob G.

Thanks all. Let this be a lession! Check Grab Bag link first! lol.. Any ways.. thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back