recessed pedal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Lavely2

Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of an after marker recessed TM pedal on a 170 DC? Also, does anyone have any information or pics about a deck extension for the same boat?

At the top of this page look under "MORE", then "GRAB BAG", then "DECK EXTENSIONS". Chris F.

Justin,

I have one on my 170dc. Great add on item, makes for a more comfortable day on the water.

I purchased it on ebay, paid around $80 for it. The one I got was made from aluminum and not the plastic like most you see. I can take a photo with my phone and text it to you if you want. Took about 2 hours to install, really simple but getting the fiberglass shavings out of the carpet was tough. As for the deck extension, I made one from thick marine plywood. I do not have access to a welder so I used treated 2x4's for the frame under the extension. Bolted them through each rod box and the front wall. I know that wood was not the best material, however it would be easy to replace if I need to and wood was something I could handle easily during the build. Love the extension too! Hope this helps.:D

IF INTERESTED IN ONE...I just got mine from SLOPMASTER in Wisconsin...he has them on ebay..search under trolling motor tray...........i have a 190 I am putting it in...I can help you with the fibreglass remove/elimination....

best fishes

bob szymakowski

Sent the picture to you Justin. They still have them on ebay for around 75 plus 15 shipping. I think I purchased mine from R & R design. Some guy has one that is stainless steel for 60.00, may be great if he did quality work. Hope this helps.:D

I built my own recessed pedal assy a couple of weeks ago for my 1993 190DC. I love it. If you want to see some pics look here...

http://pcba.forumotion.com/t271-recessed-foot-control-tray-started

It's a thread I started on a local Bass fishing website. Photos of the build and installation.

Email me with any questions at [email protected]

Steve

Latest posts

Back