Recessed Foot Control

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Johansen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have read a lot of good reports aboutthese things and it all makes sense. I have decided to make one myself, and if I find enough interest I will make a few more.

Anyways, what I am getting at is there any of you that have mounted these things, and if so is there anything that a guy should know before putting one of these in his boat? Besides looking at what you're about to cut underneath, of course!

I have a 1993 Nitro 190 DC and that is the boat that I want to put it in.

Anybody have pics of one in their older boat?

Thanks, in advance!

Steve

I don't know about putting one in a Nitro but I put one in my '02 Tracker. I called the factory and they looked at the structural diagram and said I shouldn't have a problem. It is the best upgrade I have ever made to my boat and I have done several things to make it more fishable. A buddy of mine saw what I did and I helped him put one in his '04 Tracker. I bought mine from Poly Fab Plastics at www.polyfabplastics.com. They were also very helpful. They were running a deal and I got mine for a little less than $100.

R.J.

I have the same one from PolyFab.

Measure twice cut once? No measure 100 times and cut once. Then make sure you seal the floor where you cut it and enjoy! Awesome upgrade to any boat.

Mini

I am going to make an aluminum one.

Actually, it looks like I am going to make a few, since I have a few people interested in them as well. The ones they sell are almost $140 but I am sure I can make it for less than 1/2 even with the powdercoating!

I just know that I am going to love it!

I put one in my 04 pt 175, and could not be happier with it. It opens up both sides of the bow for rods,and no more hunting for the pedal. But the BEST plus is it is flush with the deck,so no matter which foot you use,you can stand flat footed on the deck,no more aching lower back. In my pics. are a couple of shots. mine is an aluminium powder coated one. rick

I don't even use a the foot controls. I have a Minkota with a remote. It's mounted on my rod and I can switch from rod to rod quickly. Love it.

Latest posts

Back