Ranger 519VS Comanche

• Thread starter Brett Lang [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/11
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Lang

Reaction score
Anyone own or ride in this boat. On a scale of 1-10 how would it rate in comparison to a Nitro?
Comanche 519 VS.jpg

Sorry this is a Ranger 519VS Comanche 1999. I think it is 20ft. Has a 225hp. This looks like a sweet ride. Let me know

Dyan if have been in both the old 519 and the new 519. It all depends on the year. Not sure which year it is. I belive in 2003 they stopped making the old 519 model which was a little longer and would take a 225. In 2003 they made they 518 model into the 519 and it only took a 200. Either way have been in both and both nice rides. I agree with Jr the old 519 with the 225 was a rocket ship for a Ranger.

Rob L

Sweet boat i likes it.....even though its a Ranger....sorry mac gatta love the nitros.

T.S.

Depends on what year, what condition, and how much extra you are willing to pay for the logo...

David

I have a 2001 520 with a 225 and it is a great, dry, smooth ride. Rangers normaly are not as fast as Nitros (because of their weight), but are very smooth, even in choppy water. This one should be really fast, though.

I think this boat was going for around 17M. To me a quantum leap from my Tracker 91 Pro 17. I guess the shiny gel coat & the sparkles are making me goofy but everytime I look at this picture I feel that I have to go with glass. This ride makes my Dull Hull look like in needs driven out to the middle of the OHIO and put to rest permanently safe and cozy on the bottom. "Wait" what am I saying?? My Tracker can hange with him any day. Truthfully I do love my current boat but I just wanted to see if any of you go insane every now and then like I do.

That looks like the "old" 519. Yes a screamer for a Ranger. Things to look for....transom (sorry Mac Darrens has been replaced three times, last time one trip and it cracked again and NO Ranger is not stepping up to the plate). Looks like a PowerGator on the bow too, 12 or 24 volt? Heck it doesnt matter those are a PIA....

Other than that, make sure you have the flippin deck insert and its an awesome boat.

Mini

I remember Darren's boat,..that's why I asked what year this one is,.......and after the 3rd replacement, it's easy to see why that hull is now rated for a 200 vs. 225....

...and in Darren's defense,....how many times did he have to use his Ranger as a back-up 'cuz his 929 was in the shop!?...LOL. His 519 was fast though,.....man he drove that hard,...a lot harder than I would ever run one! Geez!!

He drove the Nitro just as, if not harder (cause it rode better)....

Mini

I know that,.....those old 519's with Pre-SRS seats were bad...I rode with him before....it was as bad as an 896!! 896's are fast,.....but they aren't as soft as a 9 series!

Put those SRS seats in a 929 and you'd have somethin'!!!

The new 519 is a different boat than Darrens 519. Ranger did a total redesign. (Why in the WORLD am I telling this to a Ranger guy?? Bart would be proud of me though;))

Mini

I know they're not the same boat!!! They don't even make Darren's old hull anymore!! But I'll tell Bart you'd like a new 522 with a 250 anyway.....LOL...

Anyone else want one while I'm on the phone???

ME!!!!!!!

IN CAPITOL LETTERS!

I've had the opportunity to talk to Bart a couple of times in the past when I was looking for a job in the industry. Got right in to him and he actually took the time to talk with me and refer me to several of his rep firms. Very fine individual! Tell him I'd be happy with an older, used, R-series if he has any sitting around!

(VERY Happy!!)

While you're at it, get me the 522 DVX with the 300 HPDI. Screw the 250 HP. They re-rated that puppy. A 300 HPDI with a jackplate and right prop.....22' of screamin bad @$$ Ranger runnin down the lake in anything the lake can whip up! Excuse me, got a lil excited there. LOL

Latest posts

Back