Ranger 2050 MS VS ZV20 PRO - which should I buy?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tymwaster

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on which I should purchase. Same price BUT different options Dual HDS Lorance 10" and a 36 volt 112 lb thrust Minn Kota on the Nitro vs Hook 7 on console and 24Volt 80 lb thrust Minn Kota on the Ranger .
Appreciate any and all replies. Thanks

Looking for opinions on which I should purchase. Same price BUT different options Dual HDS Lowrance 10" and a 36 volt 112 lb thrust Minn Kota on the Nitro vs Hook 7 on console and 24Volt 80 lb thrust Minn Kota on the Ranger .
Appreciate any and all replies. Thanks
That’s a big difference in the electronics. Lowrance Hook 5 was offered for my 2021 Z19 Sport. I gave it away. Kind of a joke when you’re paying that much money.

That’s a big difference in the electronics. Lorance Hook 5 was offered for my 2021 Z19 Sport. I gave it away. Kind of a joke when your paying that much money.
Appreciate the reply, yes that's probably $6-7000 difference? I was wrong though they are HDS 9's on the Nitro. I should probably mention that health problems will probably limit my fishing to the next 4-5 years and I'll have to sell whichever boat I choose at that time. I do have a Helix 9 on my current boat that I might move to the new Ranger if i go that route.

If resale value in 5 years is a consideration, the Ranger might hold it's value better. Depending on which Minnkota it has, your Helix might interface with it and that is a nice feature. If you watch for sales you might be able to upgrade graphs. Either boat is very nice.
That's what I'm most concerned with considering my situation - resale value. As you said, both are fantastic boats but Ranger's reputation is pretty hard to match. I *think* my helix GN2 will play ball with the trolling motor. Still on the fence at the moment. Thank you again for your replies!

If it were me.
You said they are the same price. So, the Ranger has a better resale value, in my opinion. I would go that route. You would be getting by cheaper in the long run with a better return on the cash you laid out.

Post some pictures when you pull the trigger.

Latest posts

Back