Question for TomMac

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Tom,

I got that tourney on saturday in hopatcong, do you think they will be shallow under the docks, and or bedding? I was researching on BFHP and noticed most fish the south end early on in the year. Would the south end be by Lakes ends Marina? That would be the no wake cove past the State Park. Or maybe I should hit river Styx? or crank around the islands?

Need some advice buddy:rolleyes:

TomMac, you da man, thanks for the heads up, the reason I asked about landing is I would have thought less people would go there. The problem is that I will have my Tracker for the tourney and in no way shape or form am I going to beat the rest of the pack to river styx. Maybe if I draw first out and then everybody else's engine's stall. LOL.

I was thinking about the canal past Clarks landing, we are launching out of Lee's.

How long should I stick to a spot before moving if I'm not on the fish? Jeez Hopatcong has too many options for me.

Would enjoy going to MC with you. I was there on Saturday, water temps from 49.5 to 51.5.

Caught a decent LM 18" off jetty, then about 30 minutes later got a really nice SM, shaped like a overinflated football, on a spinnerbait in a new spot for me. I had just noticed this rockpile I always ignored. Turns out that it worked on saturday. As I was bringing in the SM, more were following/chasing and jumping around the boat. I got a lot more follows but no more hookups, which in a way is good, cause I don't want to twear out the spot before my tourney. On the way back in I caught about 15 brown trout (stocked size) in the launch cove. It was very fun.

Thanks for the tips on the "H"

Chris

Latest posts

Back