Pump Outs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleo jennings

Reaction score
Has anybody changed there pump out by themselves, needing to do this and would like to do it myself to save some money, and how do i judge the size i need? Thanks to all and have a Merry Christmas

Which pump? There are three to four different pumps. If it's a mayflower or Johnson brand pump it's pretty simple. There is a tab lock on the side of the pump case lift that up and twist the pump assembly and it will unscrew. This will be the same with the other pumps in the boat. How size the pump generally the bigger the better.
There are videos on YouTube that can help with this as well.
If it's the water pump on the outboard if you feel comfortable, this pretty easy, but at times a pain in the butt. Look at YouTube for that as well.

I hope this helps.

Which pump? There are three to four different pumps. If it's a mayflower or Johnson brand pump it's pretty simple. There is a tab lock on the side of the pump case lift that up and twist the pump assembly and it will unscrew. This will be the same with the other pumps in the boat. How size the pump generally the bigger the better.
There are videos on YouTube that can help with this as well.
If it's the water pump on the outboard if you feel comfortable, this pretty easy, but at times a pain in the butt. Look at YouTube for that as well.

I hope this helps.
I'm not sure what kind of pumps I have I took pictures there is no marking that I can see. I'm guessing the one on each side of the canel r the pump outs?

I'm not sure what kind of pumps I have I took pictures there is no marking that I can see. I'm guessing the one on each side of the canel r the pump outs?
The pumps are mayflower/Johnson what vido on u tube will I be looking for

Latest posts

Back