Proud of my Nitro!!!

• Thread starter Chris Mortenson
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to express my happiness with my Nitro 800 lxs.
We were on a house boat trip on lake Mead last weekend and what a trip it was. We stuck a ton of Large Mouth and a few striper. Any of you who have fished Lake Mead know how bad the wind and rollers can get. We were out fishing and the wind picked up. Waves in the 4 to 5 foot class were on the water and we had to get back to the house boat. It was a rough ride, but we made it with boat and personal in one peace. I'm happy to say that I had a Nitro under me to take me home. We did manage to break all the battery strap tie downs on all three batteries. That, thank god, was the only damage. I was concerned about cracks, but have not seen any yet. Good fishing to you all. Mort

Mort, I've had a similar experience where the pounding was so bad in 3 and 4 footers and I was wondering how much me and the boat would take. The boat was doing much better than me. Trust that Nitro to bring you in!

As for battery straps: Attwood makes a battery tray that costs a few bucks more than the standard strap type. It has a heavy plastic bar across the top to hold the battery down, and long threaded plastic bolts that hold the bar in place across the top of the battery. Much tougher than the straps. It's Attwood item #9091-5.

Glad you had a great time!

Latest posts

Back