Prop Locks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Campbell

Reaction score
I am needing to get a prop lock. BPS has the McGard locks for $34.99 and I am planning on getting one tomorrow. Does anyone have any comments good or bad about them? Any better alternatives?

Thanks

I've had a McGard Prop lock on my '98 FastStrike 150 since it was new. The only problem I have ever had with it was the round plastic protective dust cap came off, and that may have been my fault - I had just removed and replaced my prop, and I may have not snapped it on completely. However, a call to McGard had two more sent to my house free of charge (and very quickly), and they have never came off since. Nobody has ever attempted to steal my prop since I put it on..... and I park at hotels regularly during 2 day tournaments. Well worth the money. I'd buy it again (and will in a few weeks when my new Nitro 929 comes in).

cajunram1

Thanks for the comment. I just put a Trophy Plus on my boat and would like to keep it there.

Larry

It'll keep an honest man honest but as with most things, if they really want it, it is gone. 4 bolts and the entire LU is gone.

TOXIC

My prop is a Lazer II, which everyone who visits this site knows from the experts here that they are junk....so I have no fear that anyone will steal my prop. LOL!!!

Bob G.

Latest posts

Back