Project Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a 1988 16' PolarKraft semi-v bow deep/wide jon boat with a 25hp electric start 1988 Evinrude for my 25 yr old daughter. I delivered the motor to my mechanic this morning. He will tell me whether I got very lucky or blew $200 (that's all I paid for the motor). I will post a picture in a day or so... It isn't pretty, at all. Seller of the boat used it for duck hunting on the Illinois River. The motor was also used only on the river. Trailer is great structurally... tires and rims are too small and need to be replaced but the axle and hubs are in good shape.

Plans are for a flat floor and since it was a "commercial model" it currently has only the rear bench seat and an extended bow, so plenty of open space for two seat sockets.

I'll post "before" pictures tomorrow. Then, I'll post "in progress" and "after". I have loads of parts and gear... old Garmin GPS with mapping and a nice Eagle B/W depth finder.

Think we will paint it a flat sand (tan) color... both boat and motor. Right now it is Ace Hardware "Krylon Camo".

Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.

I have plenty of misc parts I would love to donate for the cost of shipping if you would post a list of things needed or wanted? A quick list off the top off my head, ign switch, pull type light switch (off,on,on) rod saver rod straps, finger type lid pulls and that's with out looking. Stuff I want to get rid of but do not want to throw away.

BF

Bruce,

Thanks for the offer, and I'll work out a "fair" price for the stuff... I'll email you in a few days... Your off the top of the head list is pretty accurate...

I have couple of old Hummingbird units, from memory they are TX300 and 400. I think I only have one transducer but your welcome to them for postage only.

Tornado,

One unit, the 400, would be great. Let's work out a price and shipping. email me. Thanks:)

Latest posts

Back