Pro Team 175 W/25HP Anyone have one?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Feist

Reaction score
If things go the tight way, I may be able to up my HP in PA shortly. What speed can I expect with a 25HP on a Pro Team 175? With my 9.9, I don't even move the speedometer...

i had a 40 on my tx-17 and got 35 on the speedo in the boat,so i guess you would get round 25-30 possibly.

whats this about uping the horsepower in pa?i havent heard that yet,unless its lakes down your way,here in the northeast pa we still have a 10hp max on a few lakes.

i see youre heading to the rally in ny.i guess ill be heading there also,with boat in tow.

Magna,

Take a look at DCNR's site under the press releases. They announced a pilot program last week for six state park lakes to go to 18HP. Pymatuming is supposed to be the 7th as soon as the State of Ohio OK's it. Many of the people around here have made contact with our legislators to be allowed to run 25's with a restrictor plate down to 18HP so we don't have to buy Tohatsu's. The state acknowledged that most people were running 15, 18, or 25's disguised as 9.9's. I can't see why they didn't go to 25HP in the first place but I'll take what I can get. My boat won't even move the speedometer at full throttle with the 9.9

I have a 2001 PT175 with a 40 hp Merc and with two people I can get it to about 26 to 27 mph on the speedo.

Bear

Brian - Tracker (www.trackermarine.com) puts the top end of the 175 (2002 model, which is wider and allwelded so i'd say your '98 would be a hair faster as it's lighter) tops at 24-25mph. I've got the 40hp like Bear on my 2000 and she tops (GPS speed) at 30-31 with just me and 28-29 fully loaded with 2 guys.

If your going to up to the 25hp, you might also want to check with the dealer what options you've got to add Power Tilt/Trim (I know it's not an option from Merc, but I think you could get a power tilt/trim kit for under 500K. It would add the ability to trim the motor out when running and would increase your top end.

Latest posts

Back